No announcement yet.

Lost in Translation II - totally lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did my part of turning this text into nonsense and sent it to Winston.
    The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
    - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• I'm so eager to see the results already! Until Krill, I can more or less follow the process of translation, then there's a bunch of weird languages.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Schneller! Schneller!

Comment

• Have to go now , hope I've gotten the text by tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Adagio's up!

I can't wait to see the final result of this, and hopefully get some idea of how it's been butchered up along the way.

I like the 2nd poem best BTW. I can sense it used to be beautiful - about eight translations ago..

Comment

• Originally posted by Aivo½so
              Have to go now , hope I've gotten the text by tomorrow morning.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Adagio, if you have translated already, don't forget to send it to me as well.

[Q=Winston]I like the 2nd poem best BTW. I can sense it used to be beautiful - about eight translations ago..[/Q]

yeah, very beautiful indeed (giggle)
                Anyway, I think you did an awesome job in making it sound like a real poem again
                Excellent german as well!

I'm looking so much forward to revealing this soon!

Comment

• Ah, you're too kind.

Comment

• Anyway, I think you did an awesome job in making it sound like a real poem again

He better, since I butchered poem No.1 so badly it's momma won't recognize it anymore.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Atahualpa
                      Adagio, if you have translated already, don't forget to send it to me as well.
                      I just recieved it, but I'll make a note to myself to remember to send to you...

Originally posted by Aivo½so
                      Have to go now , hope I've gotten the text by tomorrow morning.
                      Sorry, I don't have time to do it tonight, but hopefully I can do it tomorrow at school
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• I can see how this would get screwed up I read the original and even THAT didn't make all that much sense...
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• urgh.NSFW

Comment

• I'm already working on a nice analysis of each and every translation so we can easily see how the poems have changed. At least in those languages that I understand.

I think it's already a good laugh up until Flandrien does the French -> English.

Comment

• I can't wait!
                              The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
                              - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• Btw, I've just noticed this gem :

so I hope Az does not take the meanings literally...

Oh man, this is going to be the shizzit..
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X