I need legal advice! (important)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sikander
    While technically true, it opens up the doors for a wrongful termination suit big time.
    90%+ don't sue. It's worth the risk to them, because it'll probably cost more to sue than you'll make in salary that year.

That, and they'll just come up with something later, which the courts usually buy.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm not sure it would be great working for someone who accuses you of assisting in robbing the store, even if you don't get fired...

Comment

Speer - try get a job on-campus.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
          I'm not sure it would be great working for someone who accuses you of assisting in robbing the store, even if you don't get fired...
          Of course, that's assuming that the manager won't get fired himself. The manager seems rather desperate.

Speer needs to keep his cool.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

well as has been said, in a non-union environment you can always get fired for pretty much anything Reinstatement is not a remedy you can claim (nor would most people want).

IN Canada, I believe the rules are similar in every province. You are entitled to notice on termination unless terminated "for cause" (or if you had a term employment to begin with). The statutory notice period is low (two weeks or a month) but the common law would bump that significantly for longer term employees. I don't know what the rules are in PA but in Canada you would probably be able to be fired without any just casue if they gave you a month's pay in lieu of notice.

As for the police, when you ARE totally innocent, it is best to co-operate fully. They should be able to clear you.
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Can't companies just fire you for "failure to meet expectations?"
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                As for the police, when you ARE totally innocent, it is best to co-operate fully. They should be able to clear you.
                Sure, if you are a white man, and a leader in the community.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                  Can't companies just fire you for "failure to meet expectations?"

Originally posted by Kidicious
                  Sure, if you are a white man, and a leader in the community.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Brilliant.

Comment

i was constantly rejected for jobs because they said they needed full-time people to work any time they needed them, not on certain days and times only.
                      If you can stand the schedule, try looking for night work. Pay is usually higher. Work 9PM-5AM, schedule classes in the AM, sleep the afternoon.
                      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

In the UK if you are unfairly dismissed you can ask for reinsatement. Unfairness can be due to sex, race, or constructive dismissal( i.e you resign following bullying).

If you are wronfully dismissed (i.e they just get the procedures wrong) you can only get money
                        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                        X