• Time
  • Show
Clear All

speer: my advice is to throw a molotov cocktail thru the window
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      speer: my advice is to throw a molotov cocktail thru the window
      Holy **** yeah then at least hed have a place to sleep while he is unemployed
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

it doesn't matter. Pennsylvania is an employment-at-will state. Checkers is a fast food place. business students top of the pile? for what? teasing us with management? no one wants to hire college students because of our inflexible schedules. i was constantly rejected for jobs because they said they needed full-time people to work any time they needed them, not on certain days and times only.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
          i won't get unemployment. I've only been working there for 8 months.
          8 months is usually long enough to get unemployment. Even in a right-to-work state you can get unemployment right away for a wrongful termination (it just wont be much).

I wouldn't worry much if I were you, as I assume you didn't have anything to do with this. If they do wind up firing you, make sure you ask precisely what they are firing you for. Chances are it will be something other than the mugging, since they have no concrete evidence. If they're dumb enough to say it was for theft, go to the EEOC and sue their asses into next year. Otherwise be content with unemployment while job-hunting.

Most likely they wont fire you now but if they think you did it they'll start to build a file on you, and fire you as soon as they have enough minor incidences to make them safe legally.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If they threaten to fire you, you can threaten to sue them, and then they'd back off. If no one here knows waht right-to-work means then no one there does either.

Comment

No you cannot be fired without reason.

Um... yes you can. It happens every damn day and I've dealt with people who have gotten fired for no reason (or at least a non-disclosed reason).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Thank u theben thats what i was gonna say
                Wig laf i live in a right to work state. They can fire u for the color of ur shirt but they will have to pay unemployment if they did so was what imeant
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

right to work state means the employer doesnt need a good reson to fire you . they can do so and if the state finds its no fault of yours they will have to pay u unemployment

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                    If they threaten to fire you, you can threaten to sue them, and then they'd back off. If no one here knows waht right-to-work means then no one there does either.
                    No, they won't. When people I fired threatened to sue me I told them "Go ahead." OF course I only fired people after I had enough counseling forms in their file, or they had done something bad enough to warrant immediate termination.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer

DanS:

Originally posted by DanS

How would the manager know he was set up by somebody inside?

he just made it up to cover his ass... made up the story about the phone call cause it was probable that somebody would have used the phone
                      Yes, but how would the manager have had any way of knowing he was mugged because of a phone call? I suggest you alert the ones in charge to this highly implausible part of his story.

Comment

Yeah, Albert...I am the suspiscious type but you sound a lot like you may be the fool in a setup.
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I am even more suspicious, I don't believe any of this.

How on earth could the manager, after being mugged, tell the boss "The muggers got a call from the store and knew where I was and what I was wearing" - without the boss asking "Oh yeah, how do you know?".

Either we aren't getting the whole story, or this is a tale from lollipop land.

Comment

Yup.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              No you cannot be fired without reason.

Um... yes you can. It happens every damn day and I've dealt with people who have gotten fired for no reason (or at least a non-disclosed reason).
                              While technically true, it opens up the doors for a wrongful termination suit big time.
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                                is the state you work in a right to work state??

If so they can fire you for anything but that doesnt mean they wont have to pay unemployment. They have to prove ur call was unrelated to this guys lies. and if they fire u and u get it proved then hello unemployment.
                                Word. Never mind if this is the USA or not. What matters is your status on the job. If you were still on probation, you're probably screwed. Most states I know of can fire people on the spot on probation and make up some excuse later of why you were terminated.

(I work in Honolulu's law firm...if you want, I can ask some attorney's here.)

But, Hawaii laws are going to be a hell of a lot different than Pennysville.

What you should be more worried about is whether or not you can be going to court. But, again, I'd tell the investigators once you go in to questioning to check the stores phone records. Cross reference them with whomever you spoke to and give them that persons address as well. Legally, anything goes. Don't listen to anyone here unless they know PA law.

I really hope you weren't on probation man...that's a big thing.
                                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X