1.3% of Americans are Mormons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.3% of Americans are Mormons

But that's enough to allow them to TAKE OVER THE COUNTRY!!

Excerpts From “The Mormon Conspiracy”

* It is estimated that the assets of the Mormon Church have increased from about $15 billion in 1983 to over 50 billion in 2005.

* Over sixty thousand fully-trained, adequately financed and prepared Mormon missionaries are serving in all parts of the United States and in over 124 countries around the world.

* Because young Mormon men have served in and studied the languages of foreign countries throughout the world, large numbers of them have been hired by the federal Central Intelligence Agency and therefore are in control of a significant amount of CIA activities.

* Many Mormon men have been hired by the FBI, a preponderance when considering their proportion to the percentage of the population.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

For a moment I read your post as only 1.3 % of americans was morons, wich is debated in another thread - I guess that those 45 % can be increased by these 1.3 %.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Mormons also gave the world TV.

Comment

About the same number are Episcopalians. We've produced one-quarter of the country's Presidents. I wouldn't be shocked if the figures were similar for the Congress, state governors and the courts. God only knows what portion of the nation's assets are owned by Episcopalians. We did it all without a bunch of flashy missionaries. Do you want to know what our secret is?
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Catholicism without all the guilt?
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

interesting Episcopalians are so few - but then the many of founding fathers went to the new world to escape Episcopalian persecution

About a quarter of the Australian population is nominally Anglican or Episcopalian.

We get the mormon missionaries here - some were fed hash cookies and that went to court.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
              About the same number are Episcopalians. We've produced one-quarter of the country's Presidents. I wouldn't be shocked if the figures were similar for the Congress, state governors and the courts. God only knows what portion of the nation's assets are owned by Episcopalians. We did it all without a bunch of flashy missionaries. Do you want to know what our secret is?
              I went to my first Episcopalian mass a week ago. It was at St. John the Divine in NYC. Beautiful cathedral, moving service. Very similar to the Catholic mass, I liked it. It was weird seeing a woman do pretty much the same Catholic mass. A woman in sandals no less! It was really good though. I think I'll go back there whenever I'm in New York.

Sad thing though is its this gorgeous, huge cathedral and it was so empty. My regular sized Catholic church has like 3 times more people at a regular mass than St. John's the Divine. Sad, really. Damn heathen New Yorkers don't know how good they've got it.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                For a moment I read your post as only 1.3 % of americans was morons, wich is debated in another thread - I guess that those 45 % can be increased by these 1.3 %.
                Thats funny cause when i saw the thread 45 % americans are morons i saw mormons. Tubers told me i wasnt that drunk that there was thread titled that. I was like whew thought my alochol intake needed to be upped to fix my reading problem
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

Very similar to the Catholic mass, I liked it.
                  Its remarkably similar - I was stunned, wondered why they are separate churches. So I went to communion at a friend's funeral recently.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I guess they just don't like the Pope. *shrug*

Communion was different, I dunno if it was just at this church, but everyone formed a ring around the altar, and they people moved around the circle giving communion to everyone that way, instead of lining up. Oh, and instead of those wafer hosts they had like pita bread they just tore off pieces of. Everything was so similar I figured it was kosher for me to take communion there, as a Catholic.

They even follow the same liturgical calendar. Neat.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I was stunned, wondered why they are separate churches.
                      There are quite a few similiarities. The cars look the same on the outside, but they are quite different under the hood. I was surprised by the similiarities when I first went to a Catholic mass. Brought quite a few memories back.

Sad thing though is its this gorgeous, huge cathedral and it was so empty.
                      Yeah, it is sad. Same can be said back home in the Anglican church.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                        Oh, and instead of those wafer hosts they had like pita bread they just tore off pieces of.
                        Did they offer any dips?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          Its remarkably similar - I was stunned, wondered why they are separate churches.
                          We Anglicans can get divorced. Our preists can get married. We can have women and gay priests (and even a Bishop). We're way cooler than Catholics.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                            Did they offer any dips?
                            Just Jesus' blood.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'm more partial to sour cream & onion myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X