Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hyattes: A deadly romance

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/12/co...ing/index.html

I'm fascinated that this woman would go to such lengths to be alone with her husband, if only for 24 hours.. She WILL get the death penalty (assuming Tennessee has it, which it SHOULD) for killing a corrections officer during her escape with her husband.. If TN does not have the death penalty, I would bet she meets with an unfortunate "accident" while imprisoned..

I wonder how the whole escape unfolded. I was a corrections officer for about 3 years and I routinely transported inmates to the hospital and to court. There are procedures for officers to follow to be extra careful in these situations. I always had scenarios like this played out in my head prior to transport so I could be prepared as possible for anything that could happen.

But just the idea that you'd love someone that much that you would give your life to be alone with them for 24 hours intrigues me.

I believe an English wag named Willy used to write about these sorts of things all the time. I guess if someone felt that life was not worth living without the other, then they wouldn't care about the consequences of their actions.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

And this woman has custody of her three kids from a previous marriage. Kids spent the summer with their father in Utah. Mom had some things she needed to take care of.

Those are the ones I feel sorry for, along with the correctional officer who will be buried today.

"Some women are attracted to convicts the same way babies are attracted to stray dogs."

Comment

Re: The Hyattes: A deadly romance

Originally posted by bfg9000
        But just the idea that you'd love someone that much that you would give your life to be alone with them for 24 hours intrigues me.
        That wasn't the plan. The plan was to get away. The flaw in the plan: kill a correctional officer in the process. After that, there's no getting away because law enforcement will never give up the search.

Comment

It's too bad she wasn't removed from the gene pool before she had kids.
          B♭3

Comment

Kill the kids too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              Kill the kids too.
              Oh when will it ever end?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Kill the mother and all brothers and sisters too!! Must wipe out all trace of the genes.

Comment

love is a sick thing.

Where did I read something that love's effect on the brain looks the same as an insane person? I believe it.

love is for suckers.

Comment

You didn't read it - you saw/heard it . From the Merovingian in the Matrix series .

Comment

Working...
                    X