No announcement yet.

39 US Soldiers Dead in just over a Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Iraqis are establishing a government.

We have finished as much of the job as we can. We ****ed up too much at the begining to ever completely fix the mess we created.

The sooner we leave, the sooner the Iraqi people can return to a semblence of normalcy.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      War isn't a job. It's a man made disaster.
      Quite true, but as long as there are humans around, then the job as soldier will continue to be valid. Especially to fight against those madmens that want to opress other people.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
        Sorry, tried to use that argument in another thread - was told that it wasn't relevant - please continue. Oh, don't start to refer to the site about boducounts - it is supposed to tell bad things about Iraq but aqtually does the opposite (oh, and that pisses certain posters seriously off, so they think that that site is a no go).
        I think its relevant. Saddam was a badass who needed to go. But he is just another jack ass who the US had no problem with until he got stupid and his ego went to his head. Just another little dictator among many who slaughtered his people. But this little dictator all of sudden gave the US a big hard on. The US simply saw 9/11 as an opportunity to gain control of a Middle east country that had plenty of oil. All the money the US spent on Iraq could have been used to find out who America's enemys really are.

They don't have a clue and they opened a big can of worms that future generations will dealing with for years.

Comment

Like Communists....
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

We have finished as much of the job as we can. We ****ed up too much at the begining to ever completely fix the mess we created.

The sooner we leave, the sooner the Iraqi people can return to a semblence of normalcy.
            And that they would have been able to do without the lieration forces ?

You have a point that really has buggered me - wtf didn't they repair water/electricity in the start ? Though, experinece shows that it is better if done by locals. Wrong level decision ? (little drunk short sentences, sorry)
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              we have to see this through to the end. Yes the word end doesn't necessarily apply. but I don't like the term exit strategy. We are supposed to remain until the job is done.
              Well I agree that the US should stay as long as possible. They removed Saddam and power vacumn was created and the US filled it. Now it would be nice if the US would slowly help Iraq rebuild itself. I know the US is trying to do that.

Hopefully they succeed. But geez somedays it just doesn't look like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Webster
                They don't have a clue and they opened a big can of worms that future generations will dealing with for years.
                And if you just ignore a can, then it will just dissapear ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

And if you just ignore a can, then it will just dissapear ?
                  Well it seems to me that they just keep creating more and more enemies as they go along.

Comment

Well it seems to me that they just keep creating more and more enemies as they go along.
                    Oh, there weren't any before ? There wouldn't have been some if not interfered, and none would have popped up if not interferred ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I have feeling the US is going to want to hang around for a bit. After all the US has put into this Iraq thing they will want to get something back. They will want a US friendly goverment and will want to neutralize all threats to this new goverment. I'm sure they will help establish a goverment, then a miltary and a police force. Until this force is strong and can control the country the US is not going anywhere.

Comment

Oh, there weren't any before ? There wouldn't have been some if not interfered, and none would have popped up if not interferred ?
                        America always had and always will have enemys. Most of them are just small groups of loonys. That you don't destroy with tanks and planes.

But invading Iraq just added more to the list.

It wasn't till the US started meddling in the middle east some time ago that all these arabs in much larger groups started hating the US.

Comment

I have feeling the US is going to want to hang around for a bit. After all the US has put into this Iraq thing they will want to get something back. They will want a US friendly goverment and will want to neutralize all threats to this new goverment. I'm sure they will help establish a goverment, then a miltary and a police force. Until this force is strong and can control the country the US is not going anywhere.
                          You are both right and wrong. Of course US wants a friendly country, but I seriosly doubt that they will made a such by military power. They will leave as soon as possible.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

America always had and always will have enemys. Most of them are just small groups of loonys. That you don't destroy with tanks and planes.
                            It might sound offending, but in my view this is palin BS.

But invading Iraq just added more to the list.

It wasn't till the US started meddling in the middle east some time ago that all these arabs in much larger groups started hating the US.
                            Such as ? Please tell what US did to provoke hate against US,

It is not me that want to know the answer on this - it is all secret services, governements, political partiies, organisations and common people.

If you really has the answer, please tell - we all want to know.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Can the US keep rotating the same units and core group of volunteer troops through Iraq? For how long?
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Forever.

This overstreched crap is just that.

Once again, we are not even mobilized.
                                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X