Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patroklos
    Squim little worm! Che can't save you.
    AH can handle himself. Since he is the leader of the counter-revolutionary PROT, I wouldn't save him anyway. SPLITTER!
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
      I would expect that before you criticize, you form an opinion about what should be done in the alternative.
      BS! Just cuz you don't know the right course of action doesn't mean you stay silent when you see the wrong course of action. I may not know how to get to Pasadena, but I'll sure as hell correct the driver if he's headed over a cliff.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
        OHHH, SNAP. I will go home and cry now...
        Don't challenge Mollywobbles to an insult fight. I'm just warning you.

Comment

• thank goodness the hippy cavalry has arrived - I need to go to bed.........
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• And I'm warning ALL of you... get back on topic... sigh...
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

BS! Just cuz you don't know the right course of action doesn't mean you stay silent when you see the wrong course of action. I may not know how to get to Pasadena, but I'll sure as hell correct the driver if he's headed over a cliff.

one doesnt have to offer a right course of action. But one should at least be moderately consistent in ones criticisms - saying that too few troops is the cause of so many casualties, and that if there were 5 times as many troops thered be five times as many casualties, is not consistent.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• goodnight Mingy
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                  thank goodness the hippy cavalry has arrived - I need to go to bed.........
                  Who's a hippie!?! I'll kick your ass!

Comment

• Unless you can find me a quote form anyone that the reason we have fewer troops in Iraq is because that will keep casualties down, it is your OPINION that that is what they are doing.

Your opinion is they are keeping troop strength low to avoid casualties. Now if you think that is retarded, then say so, but you didn't, you simply stated the above.

Separately, the opinion I clearly expressed on casualties was they would be directly proportional to the number of troops
                    Similarly a flawed arguement, but back it up if you dare. But examined the very point of your proportional arguement is that less troops leads to less casualties.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      nonsense. Iraq was stable
                      You know it's bad when you have to say "in a manner of speaking" after every opinion.

You don't believe the part about all those millions of children dying from the sanctions?
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• I didn't say in manner of speaking

and I didn't support sanctions either

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                          one doesnt have to offer a right course of action. But one should at least be moderately consistent in ones criticisms - saying that too few troops is the cause of so many casualties, and that if there were 5 times as many troops thered be five times as many casualties, is not consistent.
                          I believe that what AH was saying is that the Administration believed that having more troops in Iraq would lead to more casualties on our part, which is why they did not send enough troops to do the job quickly and efficiently. That may have been a factor, but I don't think it was the primary one.

Many moderate and liberals (and even a few conservatives like McCain) criticize the Pres by saying that if they had sent more troops, the casualty levels would have been lower, since they would have been able to assert more control over Iraq.

This may be true. It may not be. We'll never know, since the damage has been done.

In any event, it's not unsual for people on the same side to hold different beliefs. Many anti-war activists still think the war was about oil. I don't, though I think oil factors into it in several ways. That we disagree doesn't mean that the whole left, therefore, doesn't know what it's talking about, as Patroklos was insinuating.

Comment

• You also didn't admit you were wrong, but thats all right
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• and I didn't support sanctions either
                              Did you support the Gulf War?

You're a "call station," AH.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• yes I did support Gulf war I

Although I think Kuwait should be part of Iraq, the Brits only carved it out to keep the oil, saddam went about it all wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X