Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" out tomorrow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean, for the most part the wizards and witches don't even dress sexy..

instead wizards and witches seem to have a higher then normal interest in sweets and jokes...

I think it is somewhat just a different culture

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Why on Earth are you using the picture of a female as an avatar icon? Being gay is one thing, having no self respect something compleetly different. It's fucking Maude Flanders!

Comment

• but Wizard society seems fairly conservative (they have slaves!) so it wouldn't surprise me if most gays were closeted

Well they aren't exactly human slaves now are they? Humans have dogs and cats, right?

Ginny is considered a bit slutty for going with a couple guys in the course of a year

Haven't you been to high school? Most girls would have been considered a bit slutty for going out with a number of guys in a year... and it was more than a couple. IIRC, it was more around 4.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
          Why on Earth are you using the picture of a female as an avatar icon? Being gay is one thing, having no self respect something compleetly different. It's fucking Maude Flanders!
          she is hot

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Haven't you been to high school? Most girls would have been considered a bit slutty for going out with a number of guys in a year... and it was more than a couple. IIRC, it was more around 4.
            Yes, no, no, it was two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller

I would have expected the behavior of both of them to be more in book 4 or earlier (but then there was a decent number of pregnancies in my school at those ages)
              Perhaps in his extensive research for teaching Dumbledore's Army, Harry stumbled upon the very useful spermicidal spell.

Harry Potter and the Horcrux Dilemma

And, with a flick of his wand, Harry uttered Gonada Pathoa directly at Ginny's tummy. At once the entirety of his seed shriveled into nothingness.

Ginny smiled.
              I wouldn't be surprised. Rowling is known for giving us the unexpected.
              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
              Drake Tungsten
              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
              Albert Speer

Comment

• the only heavily implied sex going on that involved people at hogwarts was:

fleur and her date to the christmas thing
                madam and hangrid (didn't actually happen at hogwarts)

it seemed like what the students primarily did was kiss.. although I am sure some heavier making out occured

JM
                (hasn't even been much implied sex going on between married people)
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• OMFG finally a place to unveil my Harry Potter erotic fanfic!

Harry Potter and the Half-Sprung Wand

Comment

• Snape isn't really working for Voldimort. I think I can prove it.

Snape knows Trelawny is the seer who made the prophecy, but he's never told Voldimort or his followers in all those years.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• The proof is simple: Snape saved Harry first year at the Quidditch match. He had no reason to do so at all, unless he was good. He could've done nothing.

Comment

• That too.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• He also appeared in the Foe Glass at the end of Goblet of Fire.

Comment

• Snape did?

He was a foe of Crouch.

Comment

• Kuci, most of the people (like me) who believe Snape betrayed Dumbledore think that he had been playing both sides up until he got forced to make the Unbreakable Vow, and then made the irreversable decision. He was certainly working for Dumbledore up until the end of GoF at least.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• some quick comments

1. Good book. Not quite up to the standards of 3 and 5 though. Felt a bit rushed - lots of plot to get through, not as artful a story arc. possibly because of
                                2. In book 5 and 6 harrys coming of age work is principally becoming independent of dumbledore. In book 5 this is emotional independence, learning D's fallibility. In book 6 its D actually dying. Not as artful.
                                3. Snape remains the most fascinating character. Still up in the air how he turns out. I cant beleive the emphasis on the unbreakable vow wasnt meant to tell us something. With Bellatrix and Narcissa there, could he have found an excuse NOT to make the vow? OTOH I still think he could be evil. Or, well, just very complex.
                                4. Pettigrew. Was the line about his debt to Harry in book 3 just a throwaway?
                                5. Its inevitable kids this age will have relationships. But "shipping" remains stupid.
                                6. Im just not gripped by the hocrux (?) debate. Too little to go on. We'll see.
                                7. Am I the only one who picked up the WOT references - the useless Ministry pamphlets, the pendulum swinging from a Minister who ignored the death eater problem, to one who mainly tried to look tough, and imprisoned innocents?
                                8. Young Tom Riddle - remember in book 2, book 4 - where Tom/Vold indicate he grew up oppressed by muggles in an orphanage, and that his muggle dad abandoned his mom when he found she was a witch? Now we find out that wasnt quite true - Tom senior was under a love potion, and left Merope cause shed bewitched him, not out of anti-wizard bigotry. And the orphanage was pretty decent, and it was Tom who was abusing the muggle kids, apparently. Or was it some kind of cycle - Tom was odd, the kids teased him, then he tortured them? And Merope was in a pretty desperate fix with her dad and brother, wasnt she? Evil has sources, and is not always out of the blue, though its not necessarily the simply explanation the evil one wants to give.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X