X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Soccer Thread IV

Previous thread: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...65#post3903665

Hopefully no-one's started this already. Previous thread is at 502 posts.

To start, a classic titbit from Mourinho

Mourinho also added that he was left bemused following the lap of honour by third-placed Manchester United at the end of the last Premiership season.

"I saw the players and manager after their last home game go for a lap of honour after losing to us.

"If they had done that in Portugal they would have had bottles thrown at them," said Mourinho.

Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

ROFL

mourinho
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Not wanting to spoil the fun, and to keep the laughs going for you guys, Souness has decided that Diego Forlan is the star striker our squad needs.

Comment

It's not a lap of honour, teams who do that at the end of an unsuccessfull are just thanking the fans for their support.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
          Not wanting to spoil the fun, and to keep the laughs going for you guys, Souness has decided that Diego Forlan is the star striker our squad needs.

Forlan and star striker definitely cannot go together in one sentence

Comment

He was a star in Spain though. Apparently he is playing as a poacher there, and has great service though. He wouldn't get that at Newcastle.
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

mikeH - you are officially a loser
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york

Hopefully the same thing happens with Forlan as with van Buyten and we get the 'not for sale' signal.

Though I haven't heard anything about this rumor.. on soccernet, at least. Any cite?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

With Newcastle: if he's crap and overpriced, then we're in the running to sign him.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yes, but thankfully, Figo wants to go to 'Pool .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Yes, but thankfully, Figo wants to go to 'Pool .
                      Well it is the only place thats 'up' from Madrid! You can't blame a player for wanting to better himself and play for the European Champions!

Comment

Figo must be suffering from Alzheimers if that's his thinking .

Comment

i think forlan could be decent given the chance, though being even half decent at newcastle would be a challenge
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Especially under Souness that is too true .

Comment

Arsenal are considering Juventus' approach for Viera.

Interesting.

Would make our second game a bit easier!
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X