Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So could Makele have turned the game in Istambul around at half time like Hamaan did? Maybe, maybe not, bit Didi actually did it.

Comparing Robben and Duff to Alonso is apples and oranges, I like Robben but I'd sooner have Alonso than Duff.

Comment

Makalele is the world's best DM. It's because he doesn't go into offense that people forget about him. Hamaan isn't as good as Maka. There is a reason Chelsea let him have that penalty at the end of the year. Because he was the team's unheralded MVP.

And personally, I'd rather have Duff.

Btw, do you think the Liverpool will finish higher in the Prem standings than Chelsea this year?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Makalele is the world's best DM. It's because he doesn't go into offense that people forget about him. Hamaan isn't as good as Maka. There is a reason Chelsea let him have that penalty at the end of the year. Because he was the team's unheralded MVP.

And personally, I'd rather have Duff.

Btw, do you think the Liverpool will finish higher in the Prem standings than Chelsea this year?
        Firstly, we don't have MVP's (unheralded or otherwise) or "standings" in football.

No I don't think we will finish above Chavski next season, but this argument has gone slightly off course (mainly due to your goodself and Maquiladora). I was merely taking issue with the whole "Gerrard is Liverpool" BS.
        Last edited by reds4ever; July 13, 2005, 20:08.

Comment

Firstly, we don't have MVP's (unheralded or otherwise) or "standings" in football.

Only you would think that I meant they actually gave him an award . You know what it means, now apply it thusforth. And we Amis call them 'standings'. If you want to call it the 'table' or 'results grid' or whatever go ahead.

I was merely taking issue with the whole "Gerrard is Liverpool" BS.

Then you should have ended it when most of us agreed that wasn't the case .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

"results grid?" arrgghh!

"table", my dear friend, "table"

;O)

Comment

..or "league", but please no more "standings" or esp. ""results grid"

Comment

'results grid', see this is exactly why americans shouldn't be allowed to talk about football
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

How about renaming grounds? You have to admit that there's a special ring to "Stamford Bowl".

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                    'results grid', see this is exactly why americans shouldn't be allowed to talk about football
                    Even the ones who know their stuff (like Imran) just fall that wee bit short of the mark don't they? It's like having to talk to your girlfriend about the game.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                      It's like having to talk to your girlfriend about the game.
                      Except that Imran knows what "offside" entails.

Ehm, you do know what "offside" entails, right, Imran?

Comment

We don't know what you call the damn standings. "Results Grid" is something I've seen on soccer websites. Never seen it before on our sports.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                          Even the ones who know their stuff (like Imran) just fall that wee bit short of the mark don't they? It's like having to talk to your girlfriend about the game.
                          Hey, I'm not the one who said Hamaan was just as good as Makalele

you do know what "offside" entails, right, Imran?

Yeah, it's what the refs call against us when they don't want us to score

Comment

Hm, the amusing thing is that the dear fellow's name is "Hamann", not "Hamaan". "Hamaan" gives the impression that he's an Arab

And you people call yourselves "experts"...

Comment

My fingers move faster than my mental spell check .

Hamann... better?

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni

Except that Imran knows what "offside" entails.

Ehm, you do know what "offside" entails, right, Imran?
                                It's when the last opposing player is to the left the player who touched the ball last and the goalkeeper takes more than six seconds to release the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X