Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christmas tree formation? you mean a triangle?
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
      What do y'all make of FIFA rankings? Are they useful at all at gauging the relative strength of national teams?
      Not really, no.

There is just no way that Mexico are the 5th best team in the world, Japan the 13th best and Iran 15th.

Nobody really pays any attention to them.
      Last edited by FrustratedPoet; July 22, 2005, 20:20.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
        What do y'all make of FIFA rankings? Are they useful at all at gauging the relative strength of national teams?
        Hell no, the United States are ranked #6, which is a big joke really...

Comment

• Best footy joke eva... well since a guy I know put that "Sad Mackem Bastard" T-Shirt put on Lee Clark at the Cup Final, and got him fired from the Mackems (much to his delight).
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• FIFA rankings. No one thinks they are worthwile.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
              or just dump gudjohnson, hes too streaky.
              With all the regime changes, personnell changes, money spent on new buys Gudjohnson is still a regular in the team. You do the math.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Why are Chelsea and Brazil so hard to beat?

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
                  Why are Chelsea and Brazil so hard to beat?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ll/4713643.stm
                  So this is going to this seasons fad?

Comment

• It's not really a fad. Brazil have been doing it for 40 years.
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni

Hell no, the United States are ranked #6, which is a big joke really...
                      Why don't they change the rankings so that they aren't a joke?
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                        It's not really a fad. Brazil have been doing it for 40 years.

Rubbish, Brazil were always about the slow,steady build up looking for the killer pass.

Don't read something from the so-called experts and then just assume its correct and has always been the case.

Comment

• i agree, brazil never had any defense, so they would control the ball for long lengths of time so they wouldnt need to be on defense. lots of passes, back and forths, etc.

and for all the idiots here telling me the chelsea should stick with only one attacker, you got whats yours. you cannot play the counterattack style that chelsea does with only one attacker.
                          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• So this is going to this seasons fad?

we always played the counterattack, because we were usually quicker and more athletics and more inshape than the other team, especially down the wings, and a cross from the wings into an unorganized defense means 4 out of 5 times you have a chance to strike inside the box with a header or a shot.

Comment

• How much do tickets cost for a typical premiership friendlies? I'm taking a look at tickets for Chelsea v. DC United and they stand at $70 apiece for midfield seats. Seems pricey for a friendly.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• The Club is delighted to announce that we have signed Edgar Davids on a free transfer from Inter Milan. The player will undergo a medical in the next couple of days and agree personal terms.

The 32-year-old is one of the finest all-round midfielders in the world, combining well-developed technical skills with tough tackling and a will to win.

Head Coach Martin Jol commented: “He is one of the most versatile midfielders, a ball-winner with great stamina and huge charisma and one of the best midfielders to come out of Holland in the last 10 years.
                                Old but still good, even better with no Zidane around to pass him into trouble every 2 minutes.
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X