This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by molly bloom
    The attack was unreservedly condemned at Friday prayers by the mosque's imam.
    This is what we need to win the War On Terror. There are those on both sides who characterize the war as Christians vs. Muslims. If the war ever becomes to be generally viewed as that, then it becomes a war which cannot be won.

This was must be seen in its true nature: barbarian hate-filled fanatics vs. civilization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
      supposedly they are suspecting a maroccan.
      Read that outloud to yourself. Specifically the "a maroccan". With the -ar- sound.

Then spell it correctly.
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• then it becomes a war which cannot be won.

Eh?
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp Defiantly continuing with your life is not "ignoring" anything. It's a gigantic "**** you" to those trying to disrupt our lives and terrorise us.
          Exactly.

I thought Red Ken said it really well:

Ken Livingstone, Mayor of London:
          "Finally, I wish to speak directly to those who came to London today to take life.

I know that you personally do not fear giving up your own life in order to take others - that is why you are so dangerous. But I know you fear that you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our free society and I can show you why you will fail.

In the days that follow look at our airports, look at our sea ports and look at our railway stations and, even after your cowardly attack, you will see that people from the rest of Britain, people from around the world will arrive in London to become Londoners and to fulfil their dreams and achieve their potential.

They choose to come to London, as so many have come before because they come to be free, they come to live the life they choose, they come to be able to be themselves. They flee you because you tell them how they should live. They don’t want that - and nothing you do, however many of us you kill, will stop that flight to our city where freedom is strong and where people can live in harmony with one another.

Whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail."
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

This was must be seen in its true nature: hate-filled fanatics vs. humanity.

As 'barbarian' and 'civilization' are both heavily laden with historical connotations of what is and isn't barbarian or civilized, I amended your quote slightly, but I'm generally in agreement.

This kind of terrorist 'logic' isn't the kind that most of us are used to thinking or dealing with- even with the earlier kind of avowedly political terrorism that the P.F.L.P. or the I.R.A. used, there was usually an attempt by the perpetrators to save themselves in view of longer term aims.

With, dare I say it, 'faith' based terrorism such as this, or the likes of the Aum Shinrikyo nerve gas attack' there is really little causal relationship between the terrorist's attack and the victims or target and usually a reckless approach to their own personal safety.

The terrorists have no way of discriminating between Muslims and non-Muslims in a random bombing; no way of discriminating between those who supported the British government's stance on the Iraq war and those who didn't; and no way of discerning who is a British citizen and who is not.

This is the 'logic' of the sociopath or psychopath- it's Hinckley or Chapman, but with organisation and method and on a larger scale.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom
              P.F.L.P.
              SPLITTER!
              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• It's funny but I watched 'Life of Brian' on Friday, and the mass suicide by the Judaean People's Front crack suicide squad still made me laugh.
                Attached Files

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• That showed them!
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Long time, no see...

Hope everyone here was OK after last Thursdays shenanigans.

Thank whoever I left London last year...

Comment

• On a more sombre note, the missing:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

When interviewed on B.B.C. television, one of the London Underground staff at Russell Square said that she had been helping one of the bomb victim's underground for two hours- he had lost part of a leg in the blast.

QUOTE]Helen Long, a London Underground worker, spent almost two hours with a 25-year-old man called Paul who had lost a leg in the blast. 'We had a joke about the 2012 Olympics - he said he was going to be the first paraplegic athlete to take part,' Long said. Earlier on she had helped the tube train's driver tie his belt around Paul's leg to stem the bleeding. 'That saved his life,' Long said.[/QUOTE]

In just 47 minutes last Thursday morning four murderous bombs saw London join New York, Bali and Madrid - victims of indiscriminate slaughter. Here, based on interviews with all the key participants, and many of the victims, we piece together for the first time the full story of the day that terror came to London.

Ms Long said that her managers told her she could have some time off to recover and she has been offered counselling, but she wanted to get back to work as quickly as possible and reported for duty at 7.00 a.m. on Friday.

Comment

• That's a great story.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• British stiff upper lip, in your face, attitude
                          "Business as usual" signs during the blitz

Comment

• @ strength of character
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• And the no. 30 bus driver:

" Mr Psaradakis said he tried to help his passengers. "There were many injured people and at first I thought, 'How am I alive when everyone is dying around me?' The police then had to take me away because they were concerned there might be further explosions."

Yesterday, Mr Psaradakis's wife, Andriani, said: "He is OK for now, but it has not been easy for him to see these terrible things."

Mr Psaradakis, who is based at Stagecoach's Stratford bus depot, is a regular driver on the number 30, which is among nine routes operated by the company from Stratford.

Managing director for Stagecoach in London, Barry Arnold, said: "It says a lot about our driver that in such terrible circumstances his first thoughts were to help others." "

Get all of the latest news from The Scotsman. Providing a fresh perspective for online news.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I wonder how people expected the brits to behave, though? Did anyone expect a complete change in their behaviour? Hell, even the americans who led sheltered lives didn't have any serious change in lifestyle.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X