This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time's photo essay:

On Feb. 6 a little before 7:30 p.m., Kunihiko Miyamoto was busy dealing with the day's crisis — helping a housewife who'd lost the key...
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Hell, even the americans who led sheltered lives didn't have any serious change in lifestyle.
      ???
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• America was more sheltered from terrorism than others, making 9-11 more powerful not only in sheer scope but also in impact on psyche. Still, the way americans work and spend their free time hasn't changed at all. Just like it didn't change for any other society facing bombings.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Az
          America was more sheltered from terrorism than others, making 9-11 more powerful not only in sheer scope but also in impact on psyche. Still, the way americans work and spend their free time hasn't changed at all.

Actually, it has. The most noticeble effect would probably be air travel and tourism.

I know an artist who lived in Barcelona during that time, and he's told me how, after 9/11, the market fell through because they relied on tourism (not just from the 'states) to sell their work, and that even today the artists there aren't selling as much as they used to.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Well, the economy was slow at that time, so as you've said yourself, it's hardly just the americans changing their lifestyles at that time. In any case, foreign travel isn't exactly "daily life"
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

• One of the TV news magazines carried a piece about how the bus exploded in front of a building where a bunch of physicians were meeting and how that serendipity probably saved some lives.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH
                One of the TV news magazines carried a piece about how the bus exploded in front of a building where a bunch of physicians were meeting and how that serendipity probably saved some lives.
                Though not many. The BMA had nothing more helpful than standard office first-aid kits. It's not like the explosion happened outside a Hospial A&E unit.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Shock and Awe in London. But as a commentator said, it'll take around 100,000 more to make things even. BTW the propaganda is unbelievable. Strength of character and bull****. They were hitting one another inside the metro to get out and London is empty. Ôhere other sources that the BBC/CNN propagandators. And there's no sympathy except for the victims. But what they did and do in Iraq dampens it. BTW will our good allies the americans put out travelling atvisory out for Britian now?
                  The propaganda is something else. BTW it were those same channels that had breaking news if a gas canister for christ sake exploded somewhere in Athens. Anyway Panousis said that these were defensing countermeasures against the Iraq massacre but they are too little. And then he said goodbye to the scared little microbourgeois from his daily show. It's hilarious that the opposite side cannot be heard. Namely that both are terrorists (english and arab extremists) but the first have caused much more misery.

Comment

• Actually it is heard in all countries except england,america, and little runalongs. But the vast majority of the world knows excatly what's happening. Shouldn't be unfair to the world.

Comment

• paiktis22,
                      Man. You have got some issues. I have read your posts about the terrible deaths by angloamerican bombing in Iraq. I have seen the pictures. War is hell all the way around.

This war was started in Munich in 1972. Terrorism of the free peoples of this world cannot be allowed to continue. What don't you get?

I don't see Al Quesadilla or what ever gang of suicide bombers opening schools, building roads, feeding the hungry, promoting suffrage, or opening hospitals.

I wish you well and pray for you.
                      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• It's surprising that France's reaction (at least France's media) is so biased in favour of the Brits and so hostile to the terrorists then. Well, maybe they make up for all the revanchism that has accumulated during the month before the attack, but I don't think it plays so much.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Next time N17 blows a load of your lot up paiktis, would we take such a glib attitude? I doubt it...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
                              Shock and Awe in London. But as a commentator said, it'll take around 100,000 more to make things even. BTW the propaganda is unbelievable. Strength of character and bull****. They were hitting one another inside the metro to get out and London is empty. Ôhere other sources that the BBC/CNN propagandators. And there's no sympathy except for the victims. But what they did and do in Iraq dampens it. BTW will our good allies the americans put out travelling atvisory out for Britian now?
                              The propaganda is something else. BTW it were those same channels that had breaking news if a gas canister for christ sake exploded somewhere in Athens. Anyway Panousis said that these were defensing countermeasures against the Iraq massacre but they are too little. And then he said goodbye to the scared little microbourgeois from his daily show. It's hilarious that the opposite side cannot be heard. Namely that both are terrorists (english and arab extremists) but the first have caused much more misery.

Hmmm... our first poster boy... see ya in 48 hours...
                              I don't recommend using this thread to state your typical anti British crap... Maybe you should have read my warnings...
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Actually, Ming, though misguided, Paik did touch upon something.

The United States has banned its military from entering London.
                                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                                X