This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok mate,

I understand what you say, but we are all very different- South African, Aussie, Canadian, Kiwi and Yank, our attitude is similar but also different on issues.

We all started from the same base-point: 300 years later, we have all matured within our own nations.

Have you ever played "Victoria" by the Swedish firm Paradox? You have Anglo-Canadian as a culture in modern Canada, but only as a sop to the Franco-Canadian culture whilst the Aussie's are stuck with "British" as a culture?

Toby

Comment

• Being of dainsh/scandinav/vikng descendant, I don't think that you can learn me anyting

no offence taken
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby Rowe
        I understand what you say, but we are all very different- South African, Aussie, Canadian, Kiwi and Yank, our attitude is similar but also different on issues.
        Nah. We're the pink bits, but we were recently rejoined by a distant uncle and his brood of brawlers.

I can see why people other than ourselves would see an English speaking hegemony upon the world. Quite frankly, there is one.

It is the result of British successes in empire building and then successes and failures in divesting.

The world speaks English for trade for a reason.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Yes, because of America

Comment

• Black Cat.

Mate, how many died in Europe trying to rid them themselves of religion?

A lot, starting with the Muslim onslaught, The Spanish will tell you; then we had the Christian Inquisition, Europe has matured from this, a few million died to get us our freedoms within the 500 hundred years for us lot-
            I don't want religion to dominate my life, but as these nutters always mention religion, eventually in X odd years everyone will associate bombers with Muslims, which is what they want, so we have played into their hands, as they want all free societies binned- I think.

They are currently trying to split the Shia and Sunni Muslims up in Iraq as it is chaos right now, only a mass-murderer (maddas) kept that nation together from it's invention by the Great Powers after WW1.

One thing that makes me laugh now- us Catholics were considered unfaithul to our nation back in History, and I believe nutters in the US had a similar attitude as recently as the 1930's, whilst ours ended many moons before.

I want to choose if I go to Church, not be made to, and my nation will always be first for me.

Toby

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              Yes, because of America
              Please, get back into one of your bathtrooms.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Black Cat.

I want to choose if I go to Church, not be made to, and my nation will always be first for me.

Toby

I really don't care if people is religious or not as long as it's their free choise - that despite the fact that I think that reilgion is plain BS.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Kuchi,

If the USA had voted to speak German, we'd all be typing German, we communicate in English because the USA does!!

Phew!Thanks you lot!

Toby

Comment

• Black Cat,

I think there are quite a few religious posters on this board, I don't dislike anyone for having a religion they practise- I respect it- I don't want it rammed down my throat either.

The US seems to me to be heading towards the first Christian fundamentalist nation ever and Bush when invoking God is completely ignoring why the founding fathers WERE the founding fathers.

Toby

Comment

• I am detecting a severe lack of understanding of America and Americans.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Yeah,

If you meet a North American in the UK, if you ask them what part of the US they are from: If they go bright red in anger you know they are Canadian.

Can you tell the difference between a Kiwi and an Aussie? Get it wrong and the Kiwi's get just as annoyed.

My only guideline is if the accent is soft, they come from the annoyed nation; New Zealand and Canada.

Toby ;-)

Comment

• You should make a habit of asking the ones with maple leafs which state they are from.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• That is really unfair!

Most Canadians get rid of the rucksack before they go out for the evening...in the pub, when we get criticised for not noticing the difference in accents.

We have 4 accents in London, dunno how many in the UK, and people get pissed-off when we don't understand the difference between two accents from two nations we have never visited! (but would love to).

Honestly, mate, it's never offensive, I discovered over the years that Yanks were much louder than Canadians, likewise with Kiwi's versus Aussies- the kiwi's really have a pleasant accent, far better than my cockney English.

Toby

Comment

Yeah,

If you meet a North American in the UK, if you ask them what part of the US they are from: If they go bright red in anger you know they are Canadian.

Can you tell the difference between a Kiwi and an Aussie? Get it wrong and the Kiwi's get just as annoyed.

My only guideline is if the accent is soft, they come from the annoyed nation; New Zealand and Canada.

Toby ;-)
                              Charlton Heston was born in Canada, but he gets furious over the term "native american" being used to refer to american indians. He claims that he should be considered a native american too. I thought that Canadians didn't like being labeled "american".
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• See? Even doctors can be geo-politically challenged.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X