No announcement yet.

Nicknames you've had in real life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Conformist - I don't mean getting mad - I mean going berserkr, to borrow from the Norse roots. I pulled the bastard off my back, over my head, one handed to get at him (and he was a little taller that me and built the same). I tried to f**kin kill him, it took five people including a football player to get me off him and they had to bodily pick me up while ripping my arms free - two people per arm plus the football player bodily picking me up. I had every intention of strangling him to death, and left a bruise all around the front of his neck.

It's one of the reasons I've never been drunk - there is a history of berserking in my family. Trust me, if you go berserk versus going into a simple rage, you will know it and it will scare you. You have no control, and you will, if nobody intervenes, kill, cripple, or maim him until it subsides. I suspect it is what people call a killing rage. I was lucky, I found out when I was able to dodge any run-ins with the law, as I was clearly assualted.

It also meant that girls looked at me a little bit askance, as in my fellow acedemic types I was interested in. Thus the attempt to be successful at sports - there is a difference between "successful at sports" and "he almost killed KevinS," and in our nice middle class suburb the latter was NOT considered paticularly attractive.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

i had so many nickmames over time, and most of them i hated.......

i dont think many of them have stuck really other than the abbreviation of my full name
      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
      Intelligence is not putting it in a fruit salad...

Comment

I suppose that's a point; I usually stopped beating people when they stopped fighting back.

(One of the things I did that did seem have a deterent effect was when a classmate, for no reason I ever learnt, attacked me form the behind; I turned around and sent him to the school nurse with a lucky first kick. Maybe I should've tried and kill him on the ground before his friends carried him off, and nobody would've attacked me again.)
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

i have only been in 1 fight in highshool...got mugged...but never something like this...i normally could always talk them out of it...but ones a guy punched me in my stomach (didnt hurt, lousy punch i think) and then i just grabbed his neck and pushed him put against a wall...he started punching my stomach some more...still didnt hurt...and i just kept him up in the air until he gave up...after that never a fight...because i talked them out of it or they remembered that.....it is not that i can take a beating that well...got mugged ones and took me a while to get over that me and 1 mugger both in the hospital...but that fight in shool did a lot for my rep...
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

"Stuie" is the only nickname I've ever had in real life.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

the BGR. Mmmm. cryptic
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

BGR - Booger?
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Re: Nicknames you've had in real life

Originally posted by SpencerH

Weasel - I have no idea why
                  And a fine nickname it is. Change the spelling and it would be perfect.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

My first year uni housemates came up with "Gibsie". Long after I chose this username myself.

Comment

For me, I managed to get beat on by the toughest kid in my elementary school, and walked away without a scratch. No one picked on me after that.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

chegitz
                        Bubba
                        Bullwinkle
                        Damn, I'm Cute (way back when :sigh: )
                        Gordan ( )
                        Marcus Vindictus
                        God

chegitz is the only one I'm responsible for.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

This is an computer gaming forum. Surely someone was (or is) nicknamed "scrotum".
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                            BGR - Booger?
                            Nope. It's an acronym.

The B. G. R.
                            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

In junior school- Brainbox.
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild

Nope. It's an acronym.

The B. G. R.
                                Big Gay Rabbit?
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X