A poll for us non-believers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A poll for us non-believers.

I found this interesting selectsmart quiz on the Off-topic of the Paradox Games forum:

This free Religion selector determines your best Nontheistic philosophies & religions match.

#1 Secular Humanism
    #2 Agnostic Church
    #3 Ethical Culture
    #4 Transhumanism
    #5 Atheism a la American Atheists
    #6 Rationalism
    #7 Unitarian Universalism
    #8 Deism
    #9 Freethought, Church of
    #10 Scientific Pantheism
    #11 Atheistic Paganism
    #12 Pantheism
    #13 Confucianism
    #14 Randaism (Objectivism)
    #15 Taoism
    #16 Relativism, moral/cultural
    #17 Zen Atheism
    #18 Theraveda Buddhism

Agnostic church? that makes no sense. And what is Ethical Culture?

Edit: corrected an accidental deletion on the list
    Last edited by Odin; July 1, 2005, 18:57.

That is just way to much work to find out nothing. What kinda stuff is that.
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
      That is just way to much work

Comment

#1 Taoism

#2 Theraveda Buddhism

#3 Zen Atheism

#4 Atheism a la American Atheists

#5 Atheistic Paganism

#6 Confucianism

#7 Scientific Pantheism

#8 Transhumanism

#9 Agnostic Church

#10 Deism

What the heck is "Deism" or "Scientific Pantheism"
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
          #1 Taoism

#2 Theraveda Buddhism

#3 Zen Atheism

#4 Atheism a la American Atheists

#5 Atheistic Paganism

#6 Confucianism

#7 Scientific Pantheism

#8 Transhumanism

#9 Agnostic Church

#10 Deism

What the heck is "Deism" or "Scientific Pantheism"
          Franky my man dude there are way more then those two i have no clue on wtf is # 6 or # 8 for that matter
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

True. I think half of the results are madeup by the creator of the quiz.
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

are those actual words or did somebody just throw a bunch of letters together and say this is that? It is nie to know that im not the only confused one here tho

Comment

• My #1 result for the SelectSmart.com selector, Nontheistic philosophies/religions, is Atheism a la American Atheists

• My #2 result for the SelectSmart.com selector, Nontheistic philosophies/religions, is Rationalism

• My #3 result for the SelectSmart.com selector, Nontheistic philosophies/religions, is Transhumanism

• My #4 result for the SelectSmart.com selector, Nontheistic philosophies/religions, is Freethought, Church of

• My #5 result for the SelectSmart.com selector, Nontheistic philosophies/religions, is Secular Humanism

Comment

Atheists are such dorks.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Fuck off

Comment

An-dy! An-dy! An-dy!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You know what usually comes now, but it has become so dull that I won't...

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan What the heck is "Deism" or "Scientific Pantheism"
                        I think Deism is the belief in God, but without the usual dogma of other organized faiths. Think Unitarianism, but with an actual deity.

Dunno 'bout Scientific Pantheism, though. Sounds dodgy.

Comment

#1 Scientific Pantheism

#2 Transhumanism

#3 Agnostic Church

#4 Deism

#5 Ethical Culture

Whatever

Frankychan - Deism from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Historical and modern Deism are defined by the view that reason, rather than revelation or tradition, should be the basis of belief in God. Deists reject organized religion and promote reason as the essential element in making moral decisions. This "rational" basis was usually founded upon the cosmological argument (first cause argument), the teleological argument (argument from design), and other aspects of what was called natural religion. Deism has become identified with the classical belief that God created but does not intervene in the world, though this is not a necessary component of deism.
                          Scientific Pantheism from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_Pantheism

The World Pantheist Movement (WPM) is an organization of people associated with pantheism, a philosophy which asserts that spirituality should be centered around nature.
                          I suppose a form of pantheism whose grounds are from science? Such as that film What the bleep do we know?. Also more and more scientists are starting to say that science itself has helped them to affirm their faith in God or whatever.
                          Last edited by Barinthus; July 2, 2005, 01:14.
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Ethical culture was my top one.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Working...
                              X