Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best science fiction book, ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm wondering if he hurt his arm reaching back to pat himself on his back.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• If you're going to use it, use must not modify it, so please change post to posted.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• There are 3 dots indicating there was more

How did YOU like Ender's game? How did your brother? How do you like your brother's daughters? How would I?

Comment

• I actually preferred The Ender's Game short story over the novel. A lot. The story fits a short story much better in my opinion.
            I read Lord of Light again since this thread started. I took notes this time to get the story right. It's a great read, with so much left open. How did the Christian priest become what he became? What really happens to Sam in the end? What are those stories of the other continent about? How did the Gods manage to seize power in the first place? What were the goals of the ship that landed there? What exactly happened between Candi and Sam? How did the gods gain their powers? Where do the mutations come from?
            He managed to let all these questions open but focus on his story, on the use of religion to manipulate people, on Sam's story.
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
              If you're going to use it, use must not modify it, so please change post to posted.

What?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
                There are 3 dots indicating there was more
                I don't mind three dots, but you can't do it in the middle of a word. Please change or I will do it for you. AND I guarentee you don't want to make me have to do it.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I have just recently read Foudation and the two prequels, and boy, is it easy to tell which ones were written when. Foundation has no important female characters and no romantic scenes, and also in the later parts of the book they talk a lot about nuclear-powered appliances (electric appliances started becoming common in US housholds just after WW2, so were still somewhat of a novelty when the book was first written as a series of short stories in the 40's). The two prequels, wich were written in the late 80's, have romantic scenes and features many powerful and/or strong-willed women (Dors, the Mayor of Wye, Hari's daughter-in-law and psycic grandaughter, etc.) Oh, and as a person who had read some of Asimov's robot books, I was quite suprised to see who was the Emperor's First Minister in the prequels.

Comment

• The two prequels, wich were written in the late 80's, have romantic scenes
                    Which were incredibly lame, irc.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• The scenes or the prequels?

Comment

• Imo the Foundation prequels were quite lame overall, and the romance scenes even more so.
                        Clash of Civilization team member
                        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• The scenes or the prequels?
                          The scenes. Maybe the prequels also, but the only thing I remember about them, unfortunately, is who awful the romantic scenes were.
                          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• So Ender and Bean get laid with each other or what?

Comment

Working...
                            X