Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG
    but if you get the 4-5 who control the market you dont need the rest
    (actually MS also has most of the rest in exclusive contracts as well)
    If that was true, AMD wouldn't exist.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Via

After they screwed up with AMD motherboards, they are to try again in the CPU market
      Read: VIA K8T890 incompatible with Athlon64 X2 Dual Core CPU
      So you can consider between PCI-X (K8T890) or AGP (K8T800) and Dual Core (K8T800) or Single Core (K8T890).. makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
        Any corporation, given the opportunity, would try to monopolize a market and impose DRM
        No, only contents companies do.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa

After they screwed up with AMD motherboards, they are to try again in the CPU market
          Read: VIA K8T890 incompatible with Athlon64 X2 Dual Core CPU
          So you can consider between PCI-X (K8T890) or AGP (K8T800) and Dual Core (K8T800) or Single Core (K8T890).. makes sense

It's not a joke, they make low-power x86 processors...they bought Cyrix.

威盛智能車載解決方案 具備強大功能且可靠的威盛 Mobile360 系統專為最嚴苛的道路和越野環境所設計,能全 […]
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Yes I know that... but what are you trying to say? That they are competitor to Intel?

Comment

They are in the embedded systems/ultra low power market. They're more of a direct competitor to AMD, who is going for "x86 everywhere", including embedded system.

Intel uses a different ISA for embedded systems.

Comment

When do you use your MP3 player? I'd have given anything to have bought one before I went to Germany, but now that I'm back I don't know if I'd listen to it often enough to justify having it. At home, I have a stereo and my comp. It would be handy in my car, but other than that, I don't think I'd use it.

Comment

I use mine at the gym, while on walks/jogs, in the car (I drive 1.5h to Waterloo and back twice each week, for instance), and at work sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                  X