No announcement yet.

How much traction is this really going to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh, the spectre of Mulroney. He's just so evil.

Weren't the Reform party supposed to be new and inexperienced, and untrustworthy to form government? That assumes, they are not the party of Mulroney.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

edit: Btw, were you not one of the posters critical of me for thinking the Canadian public was stupid. If you really believe your posted statement about journalists and cars perhaps I am right?
      The first majority was to get of Trudeau for good reason. The second was because of the lies connected withtje free trade deal.

And I ain't saying that the public was stupid, but that journalists bought into the lie. Even now there are journalists who think they can work in the US without a greencard because of the free trade deal.

And if you say to people you can buy cars at American prices under the Free trade deal, a lot of them did believe it.

Were they stupid. No, they just didn't understant a complicated trade agreement.

That's totally diffferent from the concept that people are too stupid to realize the fantastic wonderful (BS) benefits of electing a Conservative government.

In the end, there are two thing scrwing the Conservatives: the Mulroney legacy of freetrade and GSt plus the incompetency of the Harper's Reformers.

Adn rememer that you're talking to the an NDPer. I wish Layton and HArpe would get their act together so that we could have a decent political batttle. Right now it's like the Avalance against the Islanders and black hawks. Ain't no quetion who is goin to win.

And i'm flyi9ng on Glenffiidich so excuse the typos.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        Ahh, the spectre of Mulroney. He's just so evil.

Weren't the Reform party supposed to be new and inexperienced, and untrustworthy to form government? That assumes, they are not the party of Mulroney.
        I hate Mulroney, but he was a great leader. Hell, anyone who is a scumbag yet can win two majorities has got to have something going for him.

What did in the rightist in Canada were the splitist Reformers who undermiuned the conservatives. IF it hadn't been for the conservatives, the Liberals would have been defeated a long time ago.

All hail the refromer *****.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

Honestly, though, what the **** were the refomers thinking in 84??????
          Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
            Honestly, though, what the **** were the refomers thinking in 87??????
            Golfing since 67

Comment

The first majority was to get of Trudeau for good reason. The second was because of the lies connected withtje free trade deal.

And I ain't saying that the public was stupid, but that journalists bought into the lie. Even now there are journalists who think they can work in the US without a greencard because of the free trade deal.

And if you say to people you can buy cars at American prices under the Free trade deal, a lot of them did believe it.

Were they stupid. No, they just didn't understant a complicated trade agreement.

That's totally diffferent from the concept that people are too stupid to realize the fantastic wonderful (BS) benefits of electing a Conservative government.

In the end, there are two thing scrwing the Conservatives: the Mulroney legacy of freetrade and GSt plus the incompetency of the Harper's Reformers.

Adn rememer that you're talking to the an NDPer. I wish Layton and HArpe would get their act together so that we could have a decent political batttle. Right now it's like the Avalance against the Islanders and black hawks. Ain't no quetion who is goin to win.

And i'm flyi9ng on Glenffiidich so excuse the typos.
              Just a couple points.

It was Turner that Mulroney trounced for the first majority. Tredeau was gone, but his patronage appointments list wasn't...

Secondly, the bull**** about free trade was flying mostly from the left. It was the last election where the Liberals were stupid enough to campaign to Canada's left. Mulroney cleaned the floor with them precisely because most Canadians were not afraid of competing with the Yanks and didn't buy into the fear mongering that the NDP and Liberals pushed.

As for complicated trade deals, you do understand that we are paying less for vehicles than Yanks do, for the most part, don't you? You do understand that the auto industry in Canada has boomed since free trade, don't you?

Finally, if the GST is so damaging in the long term, why are the Liberals still doing well after 'axe da tax!'?

No comment about the typos. Enjoy the Scotch.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Honestly, though, what the **** were the refomers thinking in 84??????
                Indeed.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                X