Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice: I'm Thinking of Getting Into Soccer

Which team should I support?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Newcastle United!

Or would you like to support a side closer to home .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

NEWCASTLE UNITED!!!!!

Commit yourself to a life of disappointment and false hope!!! It's what football is all about.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hey Aggie... Btw, you on AIM?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

where are you from? where do you have ties? people (such as imran ) can support teams from cities where they have no connection, but to really be a fan, you need some sort of connection.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Newcastle is a "sister city" to Atlanta, Mr. No Connection .

Comment

Real Salt Lake!!!!!!!

What the hell does the "Real" have to do with anything?

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It's trying to ape off of the Spanish practice of bestowing "Real" to all squads blessed by the King.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  It's trying to ape off of the Spanish practice of bestowing "Real" to all squads blessed by the King.
                  That's what I meant, I know about Real Madrid, for instance.

Guess I should asked about that instead.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Well, they wanted to be all European.

Comment

Re: Advice: I'm Thinking of Getting Into Soccer

Originally posted by DaShi
                      Which team should I support?
                      First: start calling it football!!

Second: call it football

Third: don't call it soccer

Don't support Chelsea or Arsenal, go for a minor team, like say, Liverpool.

Hi Reds!!
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Whatever happened to Manchester United?
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

They are going to go straight to hell after being taken over by Glazer.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Oh, that's right.
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Relatives and obscure connections are always good. I support Liverpool thanks to a bug in FIFA 97 where the commentator screamed out "McManaman!" every game---even when Liverpool wasn't playing. Clearly it was an omen from the gods.
                              "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
                              X