Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you thought the other mother was messed up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear

Wow -- what an impressive counter-argument.
    What was wrong with referring to an outside source? You said you were not sure of my argument of inherent racism and instead of lettng you just take my word for it, I was nice enough to point you in the right direction.

So pay up.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Doesn't matter to me. I cannot let my primal emotions cloud my judgement by screaming, "EYE FOR AN EYE" over and over again.
      It's neither primal nor screaming nor "eye for an eye" - it's a purely utilitarian position that this woman's acts are so abhorrent that society neither benefits by her continued consumption of resources, nor is it safe to ever free her. We don't need to be simpering morons who piss away significant resources on this type of murdering scum, while ignoring the possibility of doing real good and providing second chances and opportunities to those worthy of, and candidates for, rehabilitation.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

It's neither primal nor screaming nor "eye for an eye" - it's a purely utilitarian position that this woman's acts are so abhorrent that society neither benefits by her continued consumption of resources, nor is it safe to ever free her. We don't need to be simpering morons who piss away significant resources on this type of murdering scum, while ignoring the possibility of doing real good and providing second chances and opportunities to those worthy of, and candidates for, rehabilitation.
        Great, now you join in when I have to sign off to get my ass to bed.

Comment

What was wrong with referring to an outside source? You said you were not sure of my argument of inherent racism and instead of lettng you just take my word for it, I was nice enough to point you in the right direction.

So pay up.
          You didn't respond to my "torturing terrorists" argument.

Comment

Let me know if this sounds like taking my position to too far of an extreme, but capital punishment could be seen as a cultural pratice that belongs with other uncivilized pratices found in primitive cultures, such as cannabalism, human sacrifice, infanticide, and so forth.

Is that too extreme of an argument for my position?
            No - if you choose to ignore the concept of capital punishment being imposed only through a strict judicial process against the worst sorts of murderers as being a tad different from random people choosing to kill other random people who've harmed nobody, then by all means, make a fool of yourself.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Great, now you join in when I have to sign off to get my ass to bed.
              Slink off into the night, Yankee...

Comment

I believe that capital punishment is unjustified, because here in United States, the pratice of sentencing felons to execution has been shown to be inherently racist.
                Irrelevant except as to the specific cases in which the sentencing process was corrupted.

The second reason is because it has been shown that maintenance of death rown detainees has actually been shown to be MORE expensive than keeping criminals in prison for life.
                In California and other states where court systems are packed by handwringers who abuse the appellate system to create delay after delay. Take the legal costs out (which could be done easily by mandated improvements to the procedure and evidentiary rules), and the costs are no longer comparable.

A third reason I oppose capital punishment is the risk of a death row detainee who is innocent of the alleged crime, but ends up being executed anyway. To me, it doesn't matter that this terrible mistake happens infrequently -- it's not the quantity of these mistakes that counts, IMO because once the mistake is made in this regard, you cannot reverse the mistake.
                An innocent person sentenced to life without parole is equally unacceptable. In such cases, it's the process, not the punishment, which is at fault, and which is why the process needs to be improved. In this and many other cases, however, there is fundamentally no doubt as to guilt.

Comment

I believe that capital punishment is unjustified, because here in United States, the pratice of sentencing felons to execution has been shown to be inherently racist.

Well... I read up to that point. You were doing ok there for awhile. Then you went and blew it.
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                    Isn't anyone here willing to consider the possibility that the kid actually was a demon? I mean, what kind of name is Kyeimah? When you hear "Kyeimah," do you think "6-year-old kid" or do you think "Ancient Sumerian Dark Lord of Chaos"?
                    If those are the alternatives, "6-year-old kid". Kyeimah doesn't sound Sumerian.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal

Well... I read up to that point. You were doing ok there for awhile. Then you went and blew it.

It's not my fault that you cannot confront just how prevalent racism is in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                        Isn't anyone here willing to consider the possibility that the kid actually was a demon? I mean, what kind of name is Kyeimah? When you hear "Kyeimah," do you think "6-year-old kid" or do you think "Ancient Sumerian Dark Lord of Chaos"?

Of course, she could also possibly have been an NPC from Morrowind...
                        We've been over this, if the kid was really a demon mere beheading would not have been enough to do the job.

Comment

i didn't have the stomache to read everything LN and mr Fun wrote
                          but MrFun had something about human value and not killing people which i liked and LN's arguments about killing peopel and finding the perfect poison sounded very much 12-years-old-boy

Comment

We're perfectly happy to commute all our death penalty inmate's sentences to "life without parole in Sweden." Please give us a shipping address, and they'll all be yours and you can coddle them all you want. They certainly didn't concern themselves with "the value of human life" when they chose to kill.

Comment

really this person sounds terrible frelled in the head, is that a crime? i'm frelled too, only not as much.

but please send her here, i think we would treat her better

Comment

Holding your own child down in a bathtub while she struggles in panic trying not to die (let alone knowing she was being killed by her own mom), and continuing to hold her while she flails, coughs out blood and mucus and turns bright red with her eyes looking like they're going to pop out is a crime yes.

There is nothing easy about drowning - I've nearly done it. It is a very slow, excruciatingly painful way to die.

Then going out and buying an axe so you can decapitate your daughter's body to make her a little easier to dispose of goes even further beyond the pale.

She's not worth the cost of shipping anywhere - she's barely worth the cost of a small caliber bullet to the head, and that only to save the rest of us the hassle and cost of anything more.

Comment

Working...
                                X