Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you thought the other mother was messed up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you thought the other mother was messed up...

...this one beheaded her 6-year-old daughter (who, incidently, was a crack baby because mommy had done tons of coke'n'blow) after drowning her because she was an "uncontrollable demon" who interupted a phone conversation one too many times.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Mother says she beheaded daughter
    First she drowned 'demon' 6-year-old in bath, police told

By HECTOR CASTRO
    SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

She told friends her daughter was an uncontrollable "demon."

So, detectives contend, the woman drew a bath in her White Center home, placed the 6-year- old child in the water and held her under until she died.

Then, using an ax she bought at a nearby hardware store, she cut the child's head off.

Yesterday, King County prosecutors charged Samara L. Spann, 30, with first-degree murder for the slaying of her daughter, Kyeimah Spann. She was being held under watch in the medical ward of the Sacramento County Main Jail in Sacramento, Calif., where she was arrested last week for allegedly slapping another child.

The murder case against Spann began with a call from California, where she had been living since February.

According to documents filed in court, a caseworker with California Child Protective Services contacted King County detectives Feb. 22, asking them to check on Kyeimah's welfare. The caseworker had heard from one of the mother's friends that the child may have been killed.

Detectives checked the address provided, but the family living there did not know the Spanns. When they checked with the local school, Mount View Elementary, they learned Kyeimah had attended first grade there from September until Jan. 11.

School officials gave detectives another address to check. They found that residence vacant as well, but neighbors told them Spann had moved just a week earlier.

During the next few weeks, detectives found no reports of missing children that matched Kyeimah's description.

Detectives later learned that Spann had contacted Washington's Department of Social and Health Services in January to report she would no longer need welfare for Kyeimah. She reportedly told authorities that her daughter had moved to Missouri to live with her grandmother.

Then, last Tuesday, the girl's grandfather called from Sacramento to file a missing-person report.

Three days later, a Sacramento County sheriff's detective went to Spann's home and arrested her for slapping her 14-year-old daughter.

Once in custody, detectives asked Spann about Kyeimah. She initially denied hurting her child, but eventually confessed, according to the court documents.

In several interviews with King County detectives, who traveled to Sacramento to speak with Spann, the mother related a horrific story.

Spann said she was a heavy drug user when Kyeimah was born, and that as a crack baby, the girl was difficult to control. In the late hours of Dec. 31 or Jan. 1, Spann said, she'd had enough.

When the girl kept getting out of bed, interrupting a conversation Spann was having on the phone with a friend, she decided to drown the child.

Spann told detectives that without telling her friend, she filled her bathtub with water and drowned Kyeimah, leaving the body in the home for two days. She said she then left and stayed at a Georgetown motel during that time.

She bought a heavy chain, padlock and an ax at a hardware store. While buying these items to hide Kyeimah's body, she also tried to buy a teddy bear for her third child, an infant boy. But she did not have enough money, investigators said.

Once at home, she used the ax to decapitate the child. She padlocked a chain around her daughter's remains, then placed the child in a plastic bin.

Spann allegedly had a friend baby-sit her infant son while she drove to a bridge and dumped Kyeimah into a body of water. So far, investigators have been unable to find the little girl's remains.

Court documents indicate Spann admitted killing her daughter to at least two friends and her eldest daughter, who didn't want her mother arrested.

"The girl convinced Spann not to turn herself in because she would lose her mother," prosecutors said.

The girl and her infant brother have been placed in protective custody, Sacramento authorities said.

Spann is expected to have a court hearing tomorrow in Sacramento Superior Court, where she could waive extradition proceedings. If that happens, officials said, she could be in Seattle within days.

About two months before she allegedly killed her daughter, Spann filed for a protection order against the father of her son.

In her request, Spann said she was being treated for depression and was on medication.

Her criminal history includes arrests for prostitution, forgery and theft.

In July 2000, Washington state CPS officials were contacted after Spann was caught shoplifting with her children, state officials said.

There was no information available on what came of that contact.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Mere beheading doesn't work on demons, didn't she ever watch evil dead? you need complete disembowelment.

Comment

you never hear about stuff like this in our state. We don't have pyschos like this where I live.

Comment

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I hope they have the DP in Washington state and the balls to actually use it.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

you guys ever think she may be suffereing from post partum depression? This woman needs our help, not our anger.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
              I hope they have the DP in Washington state and the balls to actually use it.

I hope not.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Her confession doesn't match up to the symptoms of postpartum depression.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

She's clearly still a ****ed-in-the-head coke addict though. Pills and nice white room I think.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Maybe you can make the charitable contributions to keep this self-absorbed murdering asswipe alive then. Why in hell should we waste money supporting this kind of scum when there are thousands of better uses for the funds, not to mention real rehabilitation and crime prevention and counseling needs out there?

I don't give a **** if she was coked out - that's a voluntary choice. Fry the *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                      you never hear about stuff like this in our state. We don't have pyschos like this where I live.
                      What, Californians aren't moving to Las Vegas in droves? Give it time, Diss. Big-staters bring their psychoses with them...
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                        Maybe you can make the charitable contributions to keep this self-absorbed murdering asswipe alive then. Why in hell should we waste money supporting this kind of scum when there are thousands of better uses for the funds, not to mention real rehabilitation and crime prevention and counseling needs out there?

I don't give a **** if she was coked out - that's a voluntary choice. Fry the *****.
                        Death Penalty

Comment

Eughhh, that is revolting...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Isn't anyone here willing to consider the possibility that the kid actually was a demon? I mean, what kind of name is Kyeimah? When you hear "Kyeimah," do you think "6-year-old kid" or do you think "Ancient Sumerian Dark Lord of Chaos"?

Of course, she could also possibly have been an NPC from Morrowind...
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X