Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Jobs: Drop out of college, just like I did!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher

Only the old men with diminished sexdrives like yourself...
    Actually it's only men who start getting laid on a regular basis.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Sure, for the time cost, it rises, but the money cost drops. If the money cost drops faster than the time, then it makes sense to hold off. And right now, the cost in terms of money is too high.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        Sure, for the time cost, it rises, but the money cost drops. If the money cost drops faster than the time, then it makes sense to hold off. And right now, the cost in terms of money is too high.
        Only if you plan on making less money in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
          The point is that if your father had died from pancreatic cancer, you would have come closer to understanding the last third of Jobs' speech.

In fact, that speech has improved my (somewhat low) opinion of Jobs as a person.
          Way to miss the point as well

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

The point is that if your father had died from pancreatic cancer, you would have come closer to understanding the last third of Jobs' speech.

In fact, that speech has improved my (somewhat low) opinion of Jobs as a person.
            Hum My father happen to die of pancreatic cancer back in 1988 a year after i graduated hi school and i feel nothing of what ur saying. I dont know if you want to call him lucky but he died very rapidly after being diagonised. 4 months or less. I can tell it was very pasinful and horrible way for someone to die. And i dont recall him saying (jobs) that he audited any classes but rather took courses wen he could.
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
              It's not that simple. Compare how much you can make with a degree and without a degree.

The longer you wait, the bigger the money cost*.

* There is a money cost, but not it's not what you think. It is the money you didn't make because you don't have a degree.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

It's not that simple. Compare how much you can make with a degree and without a degree.

The longer you wait, the bigger the money cost*.

* There is a money cost, but not it's not what you think. It is the money you didn't make because you don't have a degree.
                That's the opportunity cost of not getting a degree, not the opportunity cost of getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                  That's the opportunity cost of not getting a degree, not the opportunity cost of getting one.
                  Right. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Second guessing yourself.

What's the opportunity cost of not traveling to Bermuda two summers ago?

What's the opportunity cost of not buying a lottery ticket last tuesday?
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Right. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
                      Or maybe I didn't read clearly.

Comment

• Only if you plan on making less money in the future.
                        Actually I can make more in the near future and save up to go back to university.

The cost of me to go back when I don't have any money is a cost to my future wages. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, and student loans are no exception.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Actually I can make more in the near future and save up to go back to university.

The cost of me to go back when I don't have any money is a cost to my future wages. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, and student loans are no exception.
                          This is true to a point.. I havent finished paying off my student loans from nursing school. That part of my education was more costly then basics. I dont know how it works in canada but here we can qualify for pell grants that do not have to be repaid. These are the type of funding i used for under grad
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                          X