No announcement yet.

Fantasy Football sign ups start at Yahoo today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont see any support for 3 man defenses so we might as well have both leagues with team defenses. Trying to make two leagues with different defense settings will just complicate the formation of the leagues too much to bother with.

Offensive Categories (max. 15) My prefs

Passing Touchdowns (Pass TD) 6 pts
    Interceptions (Int) -2 or -3
    Completions (Comp) 1 pt
    Incomplete Passes (Inc) -0.5
    Passing Yards (Pass Yds) 1 pt/20 yds

Rushing Touchdowns (Rush TD) 6 pts
    Rushing Yards (Rush Yds) 1 pt/10 or 15 yds

Reception Touchdowns (Rec TD) 6 pts
    Receptions (Rec) 1 pt
    Reception Yards (Rec Yds) 1 pt/20 yds

Return Touchdowns (Ret TD) 6 pt
    Return Yards (Ret Yds) 1 pt/20 yds (isnt this a defense category?

Offensive Fumble Return TD (Fum Ret TD) 6 pt

2-Point Conversions (2-PT)
    Fumbles (Fum) -1 or -2
    Fumbles Lost (Fum Lost -2

Thats 16 so I'm not sure about the return yds.

Kickers
    Field Goal (FG) 3 for 39 yds or less, 4 for 40-49, and 5 for 50+
    Missed Field Goal (FGM) -2 if we have it
    Point After Attempt Made (PAT Made) 1 pt

Defense
    Tackle Solo (Tack Solo) 1 pt
    Tackle Assist (Tack Ast) 0.5 pt
    Sack (Sack) 3 pts
    Interception (Int) 3 pts
    Fumble Force (Fum Force) 2 pt
    Fumble Recovery (Fum Rec) 3 pt
    Touchdown (TD) 6 pt
    Safety (Safe) 2 pt
    Pass Defended (Pass Def) 1 pt
    Block Kick (Blk Kick) 2 pt

I'm not too particular about most of these, but I do think incompletions should penalise QBs even though receivers are to blame sometimes, we just dont want QBs to be too valuable. I dont see return yds as a defensive option, strange it shows up under offense. I think return yds are important though and should be incorporated if possible. I know its an option under 3 man defenses so maybe Yahoo just misplaced the category under offense.

Comment

• Returns are made by offense. End of story.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Yeah, Sloww is correct. After a change of possession (a punt or kickoff) the recieving team, after reciept becomes the offense and the kicking team immediately becomes the defense.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• OK, this is what I think:

Passing Touchdowns (Pass TD) 6 pts
          Interceptions (Int) -3 pts
          Completions (Comp) 1 pt
          Incomplete Passes (Inc) -0.5 pt
          Passing Yards (Pass Yds) 1 pt/50 yds (1/20 is too generous)

Rushing Touchdowns (Rush TD) 6 pts
          Rushing Yards (Rush Yds) 1 pt/10 yds

Reception Touchdowns (Rec TD) 6 pts
          Receptions (Rec) 1 pt
          Reception Yards (Rec Yds) 1 pt/20 yds

Return Touchdowns (Ret TD) 6 pt
          Return Yards (Ret Yds) 1 pt/20 yds
          Offensive Fumble Return TD (Fum Ret TD) 6 pt

2-Point Conversions (2-PT) 1 pt (I'd ditch the fumble and take on this as a scoring category instead because fumbles an sich don't hurt a team; it's the lost fumbles that are costly)
          Fumbles Lost (Fum Lost -3 pts (this needs to be consistent with an INT, since both are turnovers)

Field Goal (FG) 3 for 39 yds or less, 4 for 40-49, and 5 for 50+
          (No missed figgy penalized)
          Point After Attempt Made (PAT Made) 1 pt

Tackle Solo (Tack Solo) 1 pt
          Tackle Assist (Tack Ast) 0.5 pt
          Sack (Sack) 2 pts (a sack shouldn't be worth as much as an INT; I might even want to make that 1.5)
          Interception (Int) 3 pts (again, needs to be consistent with the offense penalty)
          (No forced fumble pts)
          Fumble Recovery (Fum Rec) 3 pts
          Touchdown (TD) 6 pts
          Safety (Safe) 2 pts (depending on the sack statistic, I might adjust this upwards to 2.5 or leave it 2)
          Pass Defended (Pass Def) 0.5 pt (needs to be consistent with an incompletion, so I'm awarding this a similar 0.5 pt multiplier)
          Block Kick (Blk Kick) 2 pts (could even make this 3 pts; it is basically a turnover, and it did prevent the opposition score three points)

Comment

• I'd rather see passing yard points being 1/20. The QB is the focal point for most NFL teams. They should score the most points.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• It's a major difference though. For a 300 yd-game, it's already a nine-point difference, which about equals a decent RB-game.

If I think back to the FFZ league, QBs were already powerhouses with 1/50. If you're gonna tweak it, I wouldn't go higher than 3/100.

Comment

• It's a major difference though. For a 300 yd-game, it's already a nine-point difference, which about equals a decent RB-game.

Yep.

If I think back to the FFZ league, QBs were already powerhouses with 1/50.

That's because they were no negative for incomplete passes. Completions were +1 and no negatives otherwise for missing.

Comment

• I'll get back to this later today (as it's now nearly 4 AM ). I'll make a few calculations based on some randomly selected games from the 2004 season.

Unless someone else wants to make them

Comment

• I was assuming receivers got credit for yards but not catches. You're right that a RB should get credit the same way - ATT and Yards, or else more pts per yard. (Why not reward attempts?)

Generally QBs get 1/50 to WRs/Rbs 1/20, or 1/25 to wr/rb 1/10. 1/50 for QBs is fine by me, essentially.

I would like to exclude return yards entirely. TDs fine, keep those - but return yards is not a good FFL category; it's either a cruddy player getting them, or a defensive player (neither of whom are on any teams anyway), and only occasionally on good players - but to a large extent they're basically "gimme" yards (15-20/kickoff, 5/punt) in most cases and mostly depend on the opposing team being fast to score. Few returners (Dante excluded ) are actually skilled at their position, and so it's not to me a skill position and shouldn't be credited ...

Also - do we want to consider making TE an optional slot (ie:

QB
                    RB
                    RB
                    WR
                    WR
                    WR/TE
                    WR/RB
                    K
                    Def

? Some leagues are going that way, and it's not a bad decision ... too much of the time, TE is just a wasted space anyway, filled with whomever is there, because there are fewer TEs that score a meaningful point count than there are teams in the league ... to me TE in a yahoo league is there just to seperate out the noobs and let them pick TE in the 8th or 9th round, giving me a great backup RB in their place
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I would like to exclude return yards entirely.
                      Guy sacks the QB for a 1 yd loss = 3 pts

Cruddy player runs kick off back to the 2 yd line and team scores TD on next play = 0 pts

Return yards are an important part of the game. Why reward everyone else who gains yards and not kick returners? Its a very important consideration when choosing a team defense.

Zopper, eliminating fumbles not lost is fine, that'll free up a slot for something else. 2 pts for a sack is fine. But was that 1 or 2 pts for a 2 pt conversion?

And why reduce defended passes? Not every incomplete pass is defended, the defender has to really earn it. Not a biggie.

Oh yeah, I'm opposed to 1/20 for passing yds, QBs already kill at our regular settings. Is there something between 20 and 50? 40 would be okay, might even support 30.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker
                        But was that 1 or 2 pts for a 2 pt conversion?
                        I'm not sure; I'm leaning towards 2 pts though. If we're handing out 6 pts for a TD and 1 pt for a point-after, we should give 2 pts for a successful 2 pt-conversion.

And why reduce defended passes? Not every incomplete pass is defended, the defender has to really earn it. Not a biggie.

On second thought, I agree, so I'll settle for awarding 1 pt for that as well.

Is there something between 20 and 50? 40 would be okay, might even support 30.

Yes, there is, you can fill in any number of yards that you want to award one point for. I'll make calculations based on 1/20, 1/35 and 1/50 in a moment.

Comment

• These are the scoring statistics for three scenarios: (a) 1 pt per 20 yds; (b) 1 pt per 35 yds; and (c) 1 pt per 50 yds.

The three games selected are DEN@TB (16-13), DET@NYG (28-13), and KC@OAK (34-27) from weeks 4, 7, and 13.

QB Stats (rushing stats not included)
                          Jake Plummer: 13/31 for 138 yds; 1 TD; 0 INTs
                          Brad Johnson: 15/23 for 168 yds; 1 TD; 0 INTs

Joey Harrington: 18/22 for 230 yds; 2 TDs; 0 INTs
                          Kurt Warner: 23/34 for 270 yds; 1 TD; 1 INT; 1 FmbLo

Trent Green: 23/35 for 340 yds; 3 TDs; 1 INT
                          Kerry Collins: 27/41 for 343 yds; 3 TDs; 0 INTs

Scoring Stats (fractional points allowed)
                          Plummer: (a) 16.9; (b) 13.94; and (c) 12.76
                          Johnson: (a) 25.4; (b) 21.8; and (c) 20.36

Harrington: (a) 39.5; (b) 34.57; and (c) 32.6
                          Warner: (a) 30.5; (b) 24.71; and (c) 22.4

Green: (a) 49; (b) 41.71; and (c) 38.8
                          Collins: (a) 55.15; (b) 47.8; and (c) 44.86

Here's a bonus calculation of Peyton Manning in week 8 (35-45 loss versus KC): 25/44 for 472 yds; 5 TDs; 1 INT:
                          (a) 66.1; (b) 55.99; and (c) 51.94

The difference between (a) and (b)/(c) is really huge, while the difference between (b) and (c) is much smaller. If we're going for a more generous multiplier, then 1/35 is better than 1/20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker
                            Here,

we better go with 2 leagues if we're up around 15 people. We went with 2 10 man leagues last year I think over at FFZ. I can play both leagues...

I suggest we get a list of people who can play both leagues.
                            I will do one or two leagues. I prefer one league though.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
                              One league, no preference. Preferablly the one with the most commies... and Diss.

<------ Commie won last year

Are we signing up yet?
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I'm still in, sorry I was out of the country this week. I can play in either league or both. A few years ago I played in 15 leagues, but I am limiting myself to just the leagues here on 'poly so I can handle playing 2.
                                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X