Positive things about people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bipolarbear
    When I get like this, I look for the infinite/god/divine/jesus/whatever you call it
    that is within everyone. It is often hard ot lift the veil of B.S. htat we have built up, and see people as they truly are. If can relaize that all of our prejusidces are bullshirt nad don't even matter, then you can see the beauty in people.[/weepy spiritual crap]

To be less soap boxy:

Don't worry about it. Go on a bit of a sabbatical if you can. Try to deprive yourself of human contact, and spend time with yourself. See if there are areas of your life that are defunct spiritually, mentally, physically, or otherwise.
    a sabbatical -- have you had one yourself?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Don't spend a long time away from people - it makes it even worse when you have to come back, and you find people suck even worse than you remember.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I posted an uplifting story awhile ago about a guy who got his ass kicked protecting a woman who was going to get beat up by her abusive boyfriend. He ended up going to the hospital for awhile, but when he got out, a whole bunch of people who heard about his story wanted to help him go to college, so that he didn't have to work as a gas jockey any more.

People are cool, some of them even smell nice and taste good
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Everyone just wants love. They're only bad/hurtful when they feel they can't get it or doesn't deserve it.

Of course people also want to survive and will compete to the end to do so.

But once someone is satisfied that all their needs are/can be met they just want love (and human bonding, as well as to be creatvie and connect with themselves).

If you go around everyday seeing everyone as just a big child trying to get love (even the a$$holes) you will get a new perspective.
          Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
            And they all got along, which may or may not be positive, but is damn amazing.
            And to continue on...

When I left Bohol, I traveled back to the island of Cebu to catch the plane. Lancer's bother-in-law Danny and his wife April traveled with me. Danny got a really low rate for me at the hotel where he works. But what impressed the heck out of me is that, when they learned to room wouldn't be ready for a three-four hours, they refused to leave for home until I was actually into it.

Comment

Working...
            X