Prostitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sikander

They are also typically sexual abuse victims ( a very high percentage of lesbians are in general ) who learned how to entice men rather than love them. Strippers also fit this description in a very high percentage of cases. This is probably reason #1 (out of many) why the thought of taking part in this sort of thing sickens me.
    Understandable as the women would be skilled at acting like they liked a guy while at the same time detesting him.

Originally posted by Sikander

On the other hand women in other parts of the world are more likely to become prostitutes for purely economic reasons. In many cultures prostitution is more acceptable for both parties. Even in the west there is a lot to be said for regulation and legalization, as prohibition tends to be worse than what is prohibited in many cases. As with a lot of drugs I think the best we can do is legalize it, regulate it, and try to make it as rare as possible.
    I agree wholeheartedly. In Canada the sex trade is somewhat legal since there is no law against prostitution itself. A prostitute could testify that she regularly sold sex for money and there is no charge that can be laid for that act alone. But a number of activities around prostitution are illegal and make it something that is carried out away from any legal oversight.

The way I see it is that the trade exists and its not just going to disappear. So I say regulate it so that law enforcement can have a look at who is involved and end the pimping and slavery aspect of it. The customers should love to have safe and secure locations so a regulated trade should be safer for everyone. Those that want to molest children or to abuse women won't get it from a regulated system so they will have to turn to the black market that would almost certainly still exist. But it would be a smaller market and law enforcement could be more targetted (probably with stiffer penalties) against the child rapers and the beaters and abusers. You could get people more up in arms about hunting down the pimps etc i this scenario.

meanwhile the regulated providers and customers could be in an environment where there is some oversight, where people are safer and where counselling and support for those that want to get out are readily available ( a lot easier for a reluctant girl to give up the trade if no pimps involved). Government could get some more of the revenue through taxes and licencing fees
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

You haven't seen that many prositutes, have you.
      Not really. My office is overlooking a portion of the strip for the pricier girls and the strip is on the direct route to my parking so I see them standing around. It is pretty dark but my assessment is that slightly less than half are attractive enough that I could conceive of sleeping with them (if I were single and they weren't a pro). I have seen one or two that just seem drop dead gorgeous.

My only other exposure is the internet. I haven't seen much from Calgary but the sites from Vancouver have pictures of women that are just so incredibly good looking that it stretches belief. I assume that SOME of these photos are not airbrushed to the point that the resemblance to the actual girl is totally absent.

QUOTE] Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Most are not attractive. [/QUOTE]

That I do believe. The very first time I encountered someone that I knew to be a prostitute, my assessment was that I wouldn't touch her if she were the one paying me.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander
        This is probably reason #1 (out of many) why the thought of taking part in this sort of thing sickens me.
        +

But there are situations where I can see how some folks get tempted.

Imagine a guy 40 or 50 in a hotel bar, single, hasn't had sex in months or years. A stunningly attractive woman is there ( maybe 30)and passes some comment on the convention/ trade show whatever. The man comments back and they talk about matters of "common interest" for a while. He assumes she is at the trade show too and is just a bit lonely. She is charming and articulate and knowledgeable about his business. After a few minutes he feels witty and charming since she reacts well to everything he says and inside 15 minutes they are flirting and he feels more alive than he has in a while. At that time, this stunning woman leans in and whispers . . . " You know I like you . . . we could do dinner and drinks and continue this flirtation but I think you are really cute , what do you say we just save some time here and get to where we both know this is headed? 500 for the hour and we'll have a great time"

The man is shocked for a second but can still feel her hot breath against his ear and the press of her chest against him. Money is not a big deal to him as he has more than he needs. He's horny as hell and she ( as an experienced pro) knows that the longer he doesn't pull away from her body pressing against him, the more likely that he has been snared.

This picture may be unrealistic as its probably the best face possible on prostitution. I bet that some version of this plays out in convention cities every night.

I'm betting when you remove some of the barriers

-- the guy is single so he's not cheating on anyone
        -- the pro is beautiful and the setting seems natural and safe
        -- money is not an issue
        -- there seem to be no law enforcement fears

a lot of guys (maybe not a majority) might do this. I can't say with certainty that I wouldn't do it if presented with the most ideal possible scenario.

Put another way-- assuming you are single is there any woman on earth that you would pay to have sex with you? So forget unattractive abused women that are a lot of the reality and consider whether on principle you could never ever do it under any circumstances.

Comment

• Che's comment on there being no money under ideal communism has got me pondering just how prostitution would work, if it would work at all. How could a girl make love for money if there was no money?

So, what we get is that all women would only make love when they are in love, or something like that. But the whole point of prostitution is to allow sex without going through the "romantic" foreplay.

Also, would their be such a thing as strippers with no money? What do you put in the garter belt if not dollars?
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Re: Prostitution

Originally posted by Oerdin
            I just got back from a thoroughly wonderful vacation in Costa Rica and I loved every minute of it though there is one thing I'd like to discuss. It seems that Costa Rica, like many developing countries, has its urban areas over run by prostitutes seeking cash from foreign tourists. Sadly, many of these tourists seem to be visiting Costa Rica not for the countries numerous national parks and/or cultural treasures but instead were taking part in organized sex tours which sometimes visibly included child sex. I personally am not opposed to Prostitution though it isn't for me but I do oppose child prostitution as it is an unfair exploitation of some of the most vulnerable people in society.

It was actually kind of surreal to be propositioned by so many good looking women (prostitutes though they be) in such a consistent basis. In fact it seemed like every foreign tourist was constantly catcalled and propositioned by prostitutes unless they were walking with another girl. Since I don't currently have a girlfriend the only way I could avoid these constant advances was to have my friend Irene (a female friend from college who came with me to Costa Rica) go with me every where.

The really strange thing is that many/most of these girls didn't seem like drug addicts or other types you'd expect to be in such a business. Instead many of them looked like truly gorgious college girls who were just doing it so they could afford to buy the latest fashions and expensive foreign made jewelry. That's not the choice I'd make but it seems one which many of Costa Rica's youngest and hottest women are making. I've noticed similar things occurring in Thailand and Korea when I visited those countries as well.

So my question is do you consider this to be a problem? Do you think first world tourism promotes this sort of stuff and what can be done to stop it?
            See, that's what I call a real thread. Real experiences presented by people about places I'd probably never visit. Good job Oerdin

As for the question, I personally find it sad for the country's people in question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
              Che's comment on there being no money under ideal communism has got me pondering just how prostitution would work, if it would work at all. How could a girl make love for money if there was no money?
              Don't have to have money, you may be able to exchange goods or services. An officer I once knew said he got a lady in Honduras for a couple of avacados.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• When I was in Thailand we did a field training excesize out on the Thai-Burmese border. Two of my friends and I ate our MREs then throw away the garbage at the trash point only to have this poor thai private come up to us asking if he could have our dirty plastic spoons. We told him we didn't care since we'd thrown them away then we watched him wash off our dirty disposable spoons then trade them to a native girl for 20 minutes of naked football.

I would never have guessed some people were so hard up they'd prostitute themselves for plastic spoons we threw away.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                  Is it morality about sexuality? If a highly sexual woman decided to indiscriminately have sex with anyone she met (no charge), would you see that as "wrong"??
                  yes.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Do you have any reason Ozzy?
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I know anyone from a more orthodox religion would strongly object. Hard to say how many here would fall into that category.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• So is this acceptable to you people that countries have sex tourism industries set up so bald fat middle aged men from 1st world countries can go on a sex holiday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                          So is this acceptable to you people that countries have sex tourism industries set up so bald fat middle aged men from 1st world countries can go on a sex holiday?
                          I find any child prostitution offensive.

I also don't think it is acceptable that people in so many nations live in poverty.

As for sex tourism -- I don't see how a German 50 year old boinking a 25 year old Brazilian prostitute is any better or any worse than if its done by a local 50 year old Brazilian. Ialso don't see why it would actually matter how old or attractive the customer was either.

Comment

• Flubber - Oerdin is young, give him another fifteen years.
                            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

• speaking of prostitution. man offers chicken in exchange for sex.

Comment

• He needs to move to a poverity stricken third world country if he wants to get booty for lunch meat.

Comment

Working...
                                X