Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you tell if a girl is interested in you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkey!!!

Comment

• "I'd take something for that cough Lancer "

It will clear up when I attend your wedding sucka.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• I see Az has run away after his stalking confession.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I've got a question too...

I never thought I'd post a question on the old love life on an internet forum, but my usual resource for such situations is out of contact, so here it goes:

It's classic boy meets girl. I met her a few weeks ago and I was pretty sure that there was some mutual attraction. I saw her a few more times at social occasions, but not that often because we were in different class groups. So I decided to bite the bullet and ask her out. I got a 'maybe'.

I looked for a clarification, and she said she'd meet me the next day and talk about it then when she had a better idea. She didn't show. Next occasion - year ball: asked her to dance and she said she had been dancing for ages and needed a rest. I more-or-less said OK, went out onto to the floor and round plenty of other girls to dance with.

A week or two passed until I saw her today, when I said that a group of mutual friends were going to a quiz tonight and I was wondering if she would like to come along. She said she couldn't as she was too busy studying (our exams are in a week) so I then decided just to ask her straight out whether she was interested in me or not (I know, I'm not known for my subtlety ). Her answer was that it wasn't that she didn't like me, it's just that she was busy studying at the moment. She said she'd like to go out after the exams, but I don't know whether she's being sincere or not after the no-show the first time (she could feasibly avoid seeing me until the summer holidays).

It's been almost a year since I've last been on a date, which didn't go so well; she invited some random back to her place that night instead of me. So... I'm a bit off my game.

So, anybody want to rate my chances (or preferably tell me what's going on)?

Ted Striker, is she trying to play me?

Confused,
          our_man
          STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

• Don't bother...she doesn't sound interested...especially if she went off with another man...

You put her on the spot with your question...she squirmed...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Don't bother...she doesn't sound interested...especially if she went off with another man...
              No, that was another occasion, a different girl from last summer. I just mentioned to say it's been a while...

Comment

• Now you've succeeded in confusing me...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Ah, OK.

Everything is relevant to my current situation except:

It's been almost a year since I've last been on a date, which didn't go so well; she invited some random back to her place that night instead of me. So... I'm a bit off my game.
                  So ignore this bit of the message and the rest is pertinent to my current situation.

Comment

• Diss might do better with a mail order bride.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Just like an Australian not to consider the bride's feelings.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• at least our brides don't get around on 4 hoofs
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• The Kiwis always do...they make sure she is freshly sheared beforehand
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• I think me and AH have had a similar thought I would say great minds think alike, but this is just a coincidence that he has, for once, matched thoughts with my great mind
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• at least our brides don't get around on 4 hoofs

Not when you guys stick their back legs in your gumboots.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I think me and AH have had a similar thought I would say great minds think alike, but this is just a coincidence that he has, for once, matched thoughts with my great mind

Not really. It's no surprise you would think of that. He's Australian and you must be Welsh.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X