No announcement yet.

Italian charged with defaming Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't some European countries *cough*Germany*cough* ban Scientology outright? How does that figure into their supposed right to be free from slander? I could hardly think of something more "slanderous" to a religion than to outlaw it.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• che is an ignoramous yank lives far away.
      you pekka dont know

so dont laught that hard

Comment

• scientology is not classified as a religion but as a sect
        (banned in greece as well)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
          basic dignity? And who defines that? The law of the universal?
          something like that
          or the law of man

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
            Maybe in Greece. IN here you can't. Fortunately. I mean sure you can try but it would be waste of time, money and your own personal reputation.

Show the laws of those. Even to this date you have failed to deliver the exact laws. We say they don't exist. We are right as long as you can't provide them.
            Um.. Pekka. Isn't Finland part of the EU as well as the Council of Europe? Both bodies have said allowing religious hatred is a violation of the principle of dignity found the European Convention of Human Rights and in the Charter of Fundamental Rights (which is non-enforceable, but strongly influences Court of Justice rulings).

It is also a principle enshrined in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, and I don't believe Finland has filed a reservation on the racial/religious hatred clause.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• In Greece these laws are far older than those conventions. I know that to be true in other countries as well. I'm very very inclined to think this is also the case in Finland.

Comment

• That definetly may be true, but I have no idea. With these conventions Pekka cannot deny it has been the law in Finland since then.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yep.
                  I hope the shock isn't too much

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                    Kuci is always right.
                    Ken Banobi

Comment

• Well show me the law then. And there's also the interpretation of the law. Even if soem POS relic of PC ***** policy exist, it's not implemented.

I can say waht I want about religions, evil, stupid, bigoted or not. Adn there's nothing you can do about it

Take that to you pedophile catholics and gay muslims
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                      X