No announcement yet.

Italian charged with defaming Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's not about protecting "religion". is about saying hurtful lies for one and of course provoke the religious feeling of people. she doesnt have the right to do that in a society that respects itself. but go ahead and believe what you want too. in the end of the day it's pretty clear who lives in a more peaceful and care for all society. that's exactly becasue it is a society based on laws that dont only care about protecting property , that dont see gov. as "arbitrator" but as embodiment of the societal civil codes that people expect from each other to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
      the people are offended.
      Slander isn't about offense, it's about damages.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

che, Hha! that's a good point! I agree!
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

the people are offended. the government should act.
          And I don't think that's a civilized response. Seriously, sometimes it appears that people want a mammy, not a government of laws.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

And I don't think that's a civilized response.
            no, you dont believe that the laws should represent common decency.

Comment

Hell, it's the opposite of freedom of speech. If you can't say something for fear of hurting someone's feelings, you can't say anything.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

paiktis, yeah but I can say hurtful lies if I want to. No problem. It might be stupid but I have the right to say them. It's NOT a crime.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Slander isn't about offense, it's about damages.
                  oh that's the easiest thing to prove. damages.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    paiktis, yeah but I can say hurtful lies if I want to. No problem. It might be stupid but I have the right to say them. It's NOT a crime.
                    Unless they cause demonstratable harm to someone's reputation.

Comment

yes of course. That's a slander if it makes someones life difficult because their reputation is ruined and no one hires them etc. for example. That's doing actual damage.

So can I say Islam is stupid or does that offend some extremists again? Who draws the line? makes no sense..
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                        oh that's the easiest thing to prove. damages.
                        It's easy enough. If you wrote a book calling me a pediphile, I could sue for damages and win. If you wrote a book saying that communism was a philosophy of hate, I might be offended, but I'd have no grounds for suing you.

Comment

Hell, it's the opposite of freedom of speech. If you can't say something for fear of hurting someone's feelings, you can't say anything.

I agree
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

freedom of speech is not synonimus with slander.
                            with freedom comes responsibility to your fellow man
                            the laws obey that. it's an order you give them!

if you feel ok with people swearing everything you hold true and holy then ok, no problem. i dont, society at large doesnt (most at least societies) and so the laws obey that.

it's common sense
                            freedom of speech is not the wild riot to hurt whoever you want to just becasue you can. you cant. and that's civilization. again your lock and smith never grasped any of it.

Comment

It's easy enough. If you wrote a book calling me a pediphile, I could sue for damages and win. If you wrote a book saying that communism was a philosophy of hate, I might be offended, but I'd have no grounds for suing you.

as i said proving damages is the easiest thging in the world.

she says islam is a religion of hate..
                              0. she lies. ass in jail.
                              1. she hurts people. ass in jail
                              2. she offends religious feeling. ass in jail
                              3. a little muslim girl gets attacked out of the blue. insiting hate. ass in jail.

easy money

Comment

Freedom of speechs != slander. Slander does damages. Wait, I'm repeating what che says..
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X