Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your real Star Wars : Revenge of the Sith commentary here ( with spoilers )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    Then she doesn't die in childbirth. The entire vision is what's inconsistent.
    There's nothing that says the vision has to be correct.

If Lucas put that one in there, then he's a worse writer than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Let's see if I can take a stab at it...

Padme gives birth. The twins are separated, leaving Padme with a choice - go with the boy to Tatooine or the girl to Alderaan. She chooses the girl, hiding out under the Senator's care.

Then, two-three years later, she dies. The Senator adopts.

OMG, it's teh consistancy!
      And then Vader knows that Padme's child(ren) survived birth. That means not looking for Luke and/or Leia is something incredibly puzzling

Sorry, but that explination is even more shiite .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

--"And I always thought apprentices and what not were called padawans."

Which would make the progression go: youngling, padawan, Jedi, Jedi Master.

However, I saw AotC on TV last night, and Yoda refers to the kids he's training both as younglings and as padawans, in consecutive sentences. So unless the writing is being inconsistent (again), it's just Lucas being pretentious.

--"Most of the action sequences were pretty good."

Nothing to match the Darth Maul duel, unfortunately. Yoda vs Palpatine was probably the best on in this.

Of course, that's what happens when you hire an actual martial-artist actor for a fighting role. Considering some of the rest of the casting, it makes me wonder who told Lucas to use Ray Parks...

And that reminds me. In AotC I was amused by how the kid they had doing chibi-Boba was a better actor than half the grown-ups in major roles.

--"Boba would have been 13-14 or something at the time of the films. Probably too young for a bounty hunter."

Look, they gave Jar-Jar a cameo, but didn't give one to Boba Fett. To me, that's a minus.

--"The whole Grievous thing is part of the clone wars..."

That's actually part of the problem. Several people I've talked to at work about the movie hadn't even heard of the series. They didn't know anything about how bad-ass Grievous is supposed to be, or why he was coughing, etc.

Makes me wonder what the plan is for the interim TV series that's been rumored.

--"My other real complaint was that Grievous was just a goofy loser, but then, I didn't really expect much out of him."

I'm just glad they realized that trying to a CGI version of the fighting style he was using in the cartoon wouldn't work. I was waiting for him to start hopping around on one leg, holding a lightsaber in each foot, like he did there.

--"I've always been under the impression that to properly wield a lightsaber required a good bit of help from the Force."

There was a great webpage about lightsabers. It has, unfortunately, disappeared, but can still be found on The Wayback Machine. There's some stuff in there that covers this. Also be sure to check out the theories on lightsaber physics, particularly model six.
        I wish he was still running the site, because I'd love to see how he covers the fighting styles revealed in the last movie.

--"Oh, as for the Rebellion... the formation was one of the things that was cut for the theatrical release."

"That was cut, period" you mean. Has he even hinted at released extended versions of TPM, etc? I wish he would, because supposedly Darth Maul actually had a significant speaking role in TPM, most of which ended up cut.

Wraith
        "I am always ready to learn although I do not always like to be taught."
        -- Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

And then Vader knows that Padme's child(ren) survived birth. That means not looking for Luke and/or Leia is something incredibly puzzling
          No it doesn't. It's obvious at the end of ROTS that all Vader needed to believe that he killed his wife was the Emperor's say-so. The Emperor himself didn't know the truth, and didn't care.

And another thing: if you're wanting to hide Vaders twins, with Vader himself believing that there was only one bun in the oven, why not keep them together... as twins?

Comment

And another thing... was this so long ago that they didn't have sonograms? For that matter, that they didn't even have contraception?

Clearly teh fundy Jedi don't want people to know about safe sex

Comment

Which would make the progression go: youngling, padawan, Jedi, Jedi Master.

Don't forget "Jedi Knight" between "Jedi" and "Jedi Master".

I'm just glad they realized that trying to a CGI version of the fighting style he was using in the cartoon wouldn't work. I was waiting for him to start hopping around on one leg, holding a lightsaber in each foot, like he did there.

Remember at the end, Grievous displayed his extra two arms. I thought he just got new arms so he could wield 4 sabers instead of just three.

Has he even hinted at released extended versions of TPM, etc?

I'm sure that when Lucas releases a new trilogy set, he'll include the cut stuff.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

In fact, I could barely keep from bursting out laughing when Padme goes "Annie, I'm pregnant. What are we going to do?"

Comment

It's obvious at the end of ROTS that all Vader needed to believe that he killed his wife was the Emperor's say-so.

Oh come on... if people knew that Padme went into hiding, you think Vader wouldn't find out? Vader goes out to do the Emperor's work in the galaxy, and would learn the rumors.

if you're wanting to hide Vaders twins, with Vader himself believing that there was only one bun in the oven, why not keep them together... as twins?

Cause if Vader finds one then the other is alive.

Comment

Except that Vader isn't looking for twins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      It's obvious at the end of ROTS that all Vader needed to believe that he killed his wife was the Emperor's say-so.

Oh come on... if people knew that Padme went into hiding, you think Vader wouldn't find out? Vader goes out to do the Emperor's work in the galaxy, and would learn the rumors.

That's the most pathetic justification yet.

Let me rephrase that:

If people knew that Vader's children went into hiding, you think Vader wouldn't find out? Vader goes out to do the Emperor's work in the galaxy and would learn the rumors.

Comment

• Hiding a Senator and hiding the (perhaps) children of said Senator are two vastly different things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          Except that Vader isn't looking for twins.
                          Exactly. So if he finds what he thinks is one child of Padme (because of rumors or finding Obi-Wan) and kills them, there is no need for him to try to find another.

Comment

• No... so when he sees a pair of twins, he'll be inclined to immediately discount them.

Comment

• --"The whole Grievous thing is part of the clone wars..."

That's actually part of the problem. Several people I've talked to at work about the movie hadn't even heard of the series. They didn't know anything about how bad-ass Grievous is supposed to be, or why he was coughing, etc.
                              I know, I have also not heard of them until one of my colleagues mentioned them 1 day before I saw the movie. Ofc, I didn't have time... so I watched the film like probably 95% of the people that go there.

Lucas is really an idiot... for one he creates a living world that is very rich, but then he shows only a small part of it to the public audience and he isn't very good at transmitting an understanding from that. He gets lost in useless details so often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                                No... so when he sees a pair of twins, he'll be inclined to immediately discount them.
                                Especially when Obi-Wan is hovering around, yeah? And you know, they can feel the force, yah? So he sees twins and feels they are strong in the force. Cut them down. If he does it with one, he won't know there is another on the other side of the galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                                X