No announcement yet.

why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to do yourself some good without destroying your current placid state perhaps you can spend some time considering why you've been attracted to men who you later found to be a big pain in the ass. You'll probably still be attracted to that sort, but at least you'll be better able to try something that might work out better when you decide to start dating again. But don't rush, being in a bad relationship is very overrated while having some peace to sort yourself out and repair can be priceless.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

ive spent 2 years in therapy and living alone...
      learning just exactly that sikander.....
      why i was attracted to the men i was and learning to change those patterns...
      i know the kind of man i would like.. but i don't think he exists...
      besides im really happy and content alone..
      "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

look now i am curious what kind of Man would you like then?
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by boann
          ive spent 2 years in therapy and living alone...
          learning just exactly that sikander.....
          why i was attracted to the men i was and learning to change those patterns...
          i know the kind of man i would like.. but i don't think he exists...
          besides im really happy and content alone..
          What sorts of things did you do to change your patterns? I'm still attracted to a lot of the wrong sorts of women, though I'm smart enough to avoid them now and have spent the last 8 years learning to have a healthier relationship with someone who wasn't going to get into the usual feedback loop with me. It's been some work, but it's also gotten better and better as it's gone on, which is really exciting. But all of that started from a base of being really comfortable alone which really helps me maintain a good perspective.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Everything is much easier when you´re two, boann. Sharing thoughts and discussing politics, art, philosophy, movies, etc... To belong to someone and have that someone belong to you.

That and what´s written above is good reasons to get yourself a man. After all Man isn´t meant to live alone, we´re social animals...
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Re: why

Originally posted by boann
              why do i need a man...?
              Security.
              Constant assurance you are loved and valued.
              Company.
              Someone to dump everything on when things get tough without worrying they will get sick of it and leave.
              Someone to wake you up snoring, leave dirty socks under the bed, play bad music, take possession of the tv, crash in at 3am blind drunk, make half arsed attempts at fry ups when completely hungover......you always miss it when it's gone.

Despite loving being single, I can't deny it's lonely sometimes. I reckon all the above are basic human requirements, even if we don't want to admit to them.
              Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Preach it sister. I'm newly single and I'm already missing being in a relationship.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

relationships suck when they end ...I HATE BREAKUPS...ok 'duh' but still
                  Bunnies!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

I'd like to break up with someone just once. Unforunately, I always seem to be living in a naive wonderland of contentment while they're making plans to crush me. Next time, I pre-emptively strike.
                    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

What can a man do for you?

Well that's easy.

-Make you nice diners
                        -Take you out on a nice night
                        -Empty the groceries from the car
                        -Cut the grass
                        -Fix your car
                        -Fix things around the house
                        -Give you massages
                        -Comfort you when you are down
                        -Give you a different opinion or a different view on anything
                        -Hold you while watching a scary movie
                        -Spoon on the couch
                        -He's a partner for any vacation, activity or sport
                        -Make you scream like a banchy

Now that's what I do with my gf, and she does the same with me....except for the banchi part. I wouldn't want to live without her. Now if you dont need or miss those things, than you probably should turn over to the lesbian side.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

besides sex?

hmm, I don't really think we are good for much

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I know that I am not good at anything on Skywise's list

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

We bring money and tax rebates
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

heck i am not even good in sex
                                Bunnies!

Comment

Working...
                                X