So I just beat the crap out of my first mugger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Also remember to consult your local laws for any regulations regarding posession of these devices
    Absolutely, you are correct. But I would still maintain if you need for a weapon for self-defense, in any case you are far far better off having used pepper spray on someone than having stabbed, shot, or even beat someone up.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Doesn't matter, if you used his knife. The court will judge, whether your actions were reasonable given the situation. If they feel that they weren't, then they will judge the severity of the crime.

You may get lucky and get off with self-defense, but you need to be prepared to prove it.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Shi, that's right. He was attacked by a knife wielding nut though.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Emp, don't worry, be happy. You won't have any legal problems. You won't get sued because as you said, your wallet is empty. You won't get in trouble because you were defending yourself.

Sleep easy.

Comment

Worry! Worry! Worry!
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              Shi, that's right. He was attacked by a knife wielding nut though.
              The Emperor Fabulous will still have to demonstrate that retreat was not possible, and that after having come into possesion of the knife that he still was in grave danger of death or serious bodily injury. If the threat to his life had passed when he acquired the knife, then TEF is no longer legally permitted to use lethal force.

Comment

Well, I need to see BPD tomorrow morning. The guy confessed to trying to steal my wallet, etc, but says that I pulled the knife on him.

Hopefully my fingerprints and his on the same knife will exonnerate me.

Either way, aparently he isn't connected to a gang, and the BPD told me that I will probably just have to testify and this guy (who is aparently homeless) attacked me and will go away for 3 to 5 years.
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Emp, don't worry, be happy. You won't have any legal problems
                  Telling someone not to worry when they have a heck of a lot to be worried about isn't good advice at all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                    The cops came, and then they left...they said I should keep all my doors locked and windows shut.

I gave them the knife (I still ****ing had it), and they're taking fingerprints...
                    Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                    Plus, I have my defense. All they have to do is find the knife. If its on him, I'm exonerated. If it isnt' on him, they have nothing to pin me on. I used his own knife on him, and didn't take it with me.
                    First thing you have to do is get your story straight, son. Otherwise someone with a story like yours could find themselves in deep ****.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

/me pops some popcorn, waits for SuperCitizen to see this thread...
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I think TEF's best thing to do is to claim the mugger was stabbed as you were both struggling for the knife.

In the mean time, this thread really should be deleted.

Comment

He should claim he was stabbed? Where is the wound?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Err, spoke incorrectly. The "He" was refering to the mugger. He should claim the mugger was stabbed when they were struggling for the knife.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

First thing you have to do is get your story straight, son. Otherwise someone with a story like yours could find themselves in deep ****.
                              You'll have to excuse me. I still had the knife. But I'm sure you'll understand that the fact that I had a knife with which I was tried to stab and with which I stabbed a man twice is something that I hold in deep regard.

Of course, the knife is in BPD posession now.

What you have to say has nothing to do with the case, and I'll appreciate if you hold any critisism until such is resolved.

Thanks, *******.
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Emp, get the story straight as notyoueither suggested.

Otherwise, forget it, sleep well.

Comment

Working...
                                X