So I just beat the crap out of my first mugger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just beat the crap out of my first mugger

I was walking back from a friend's house tonight...he just graduated and he had us over for one last drunken stand. His apartment isn't far from mine.

Unfortunately, walking back I have to walk through a whole lot of people that include *******s, preps, and muggers.

A mugger came up to me tonight and said "give me what you have in my wallet"...I showed him my wallet and it had nothing it in (I'm a poor college student)...

He said "well, give me your jacket then"...I was drunk enough to say "**** you" and he tried to take it by force.

I know Ky-yu-kedo (a combination of a few marial arts that I learned in my time in Wisconsin) and he wasn't able to take anything from me.

The problem is...I took his knife and stabbed him a few times.

My question: will this come back to haunt me, or will this guy just take it like a man and not come back?

I'm slightly afraid because he assaulted me in front of my apartment, so he knows where I live, but it will take a hell of a lot of effort to get in, plus, if he goes to the 5-0, he won't get anyting but legal trouble.

I'm slightly worried that his offense will turn into my offense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Why didn't you call the cops?

Oh, and move. Now.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Exactly, call the cops and cover your butt. If you happened to stab this guy in a critical spot you could be in trouble.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'm moving..but not until Jun 30th...I can't afford to move any sooner than that.

I called the cops, and they're sending a patrolman out, but unless the person is around my house, they can't do a whole lot.

Boston Police are ****ing imbiciles
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Doesn't help that you were (are) drunk. If the thing does go to court, you'll have to fight that fact with the jury.

If things do go to court, you can always say you were acting in self defense...but the stabbing is kind of difficult to say.

Also depends on which state you're in. Sorry I can't be more help but I don't know enough of the situation to give better insight on the matter...
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Well, find someone to stay with then for the next month and a half. If the dude is in a gang, you are ****ed.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Why did you stab him!? And where did you stab him!? You should be advised that stabbing someone with a knife is considered lethal force. You can't prove he was trying to mug you, so I wouldn't discount legal trouble. And even still, can you prove that you were under attack from the man?

Physical retribution is also a possibility, he may come looking for you again outside your apartment.

Also, did you know he had a knife on hand when he tried to mug you? If so, you were lucky this time, but don't try to fight a man with a knife. If you don't win the fight, if he is a good enough with a knife, then your life is forfeit.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Forget your combat training, don't mention it. You are scared, you were fighting for your life. Still jittery...he came at you and attacked you. Never forget you are the victim.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Emb... you're fab
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Even if he isn't in a gang, he might have friends or relatives that will want to come **** with you.

I'm serious, find someplace else to stay.

Comment

I hit him in the side...twice...

But it was with his own ****ing knife

The cops came, and then they left...they said I should keep all my doors locked and windows shut.

I gave them the knife (I still ****ing had it), and they're taking fingerprints...

I'll probably need to testify once they find the perp...but until then, I have my kitchen knife under my pillow. Other than that, I have no where in Boston to go, and I can't go to my parent's until next monday.

The perp who attacked me didn't seem like the "gang" type...he seemed more like a homeless guy in need of crack or something

Buggered if I'd give him my jacket though...

Comment

Delete this thread.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          Emb... you're fab
                          Japher...you're 10 times better than Jaguar...

Comment

Then change your name and ask MtG for some advice about Mexico.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                              Delete this thread.
                              Well, you're entitled to your opinion...

...but why is that your opinion?

Comment

Working...
                              X