No announcement yet.

Possible Major Scandal: Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:23.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Send the L.A.P.D.!
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Excellent ad there Shi.

Ted, that's how we deal with our neighbors here in Oregon, why not do it on a national scale?
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:23.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Why do people advocate for the free movement of Capital and resources but go ape**** over the free movement of labor? What kind of anti-market people are they!?

It is harder to move around the world today in legal terms than in 1500. One of the few areas were we move backwards.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

So because we don't want one extreme(that fence being the sole protection), we have to go to the exact opposite extreme(your example)? Well, that at least explains how you suddenly jumped from being a jingoist to where you are now.

But even if you support lifting all restrictions against immigrations, you still need better policing of your border then that. Drug gangs, criminals, terrorists, etc. can get into our country with little problem with border protection like that. You also get the problem that people you don't want to be able to leave the country(fugitives) can get out of the country easily with no border protection.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Have we any evidence that any terrorist has ever entered the country illegally, as opposed to getting a valid visa and then overstaying? Did the 2000 LA bomber enter illegally?
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                  Have we any evidence that any terrorist has ever entered the country illegally, as opposed to getting a valid visa and then overstaying? Did the 2000 LA bomber enter illegally?
                  Of course, and Terrorists never deviate from any of their past behaviors, never change their plans of how they operater, and we know that none of the, have entered the country illegal because we perfect documentation of all terrorist activities! Let's just throw the border open!

There is this piece of information:

Recent intelligence gives the most evidence yet of terrorist plans. Lawmakers push for tighter security.

WASHINGTON – Concern is growing at the top levels of government about the US-Mexican border becoming a back door for terrorists entering the United States. While Al Qaeda infiltration across the nation's southern border has been a constant concern since 9/11, US officials cite recent intelligence giving the most definitive evidence yet that terrorists are planning to use it as an entry point - if they haven't already.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:24.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

You do realize the LAX bomber GePap was referring to crossed over into to the US from Canada right?

But your post doesn't really have anything to do with protection from drug gangs, criminals, and terrorists, does it ?

So if you REALLY are concerned about those threats, which you are not, focus on Canada and why the hell don't we have a freaking 12 foot razor wire wall there???
                        Where did I say I wasn't in favor of guarding the Canadian border as well?

Comment

Comment

By the looks of things in this thread civil war may be a bigger threat than terrorists before too long.

Anyway, what is a border? If you aren't going to use it to find out who is coming and going, why bother? I'm all for doing whatever it takes to control the border. Also I'm for allowing and documenting alien workers to come in. Make sure they have jobs to go to, don't let in too many that Americans can't find work... Tax them on the money they make. Some kind of system that treats these people like people and gives them decent treatment for their hard work while protecting our borders.
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                              Send the L.A.P.D.!
                              Naw, they only shoot unarmed black kids which they've mistaken as gang members. They do however shoot said kids 100 TIMES!!!!

Can we say excessive force?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

"
                                But you opened up your post about the Mexican border, and then went into your crap about them dirty Mexicans taking all of our jobs."

Because the news article was about the Mexican border, and the topic we were discussing is the Mexican border. What is you point, Ted, because I discuss the topic related to the article, I am a racist? If that's what your implying I am, go ahead and say so.

But as I said, I am not in favor of illegal immigration, because illegal immigrants are often paid sub-standard minimum wage, and do not have the option of reporting any labor abuses or workplaces rights violations against them. That provides unfair competition for native workers who have the right to complain if they aren't being paid minimum wage, or if their employer behaves abusively towards them. I think we should set the immigration level at whatever point we want, and then enforce that.

My point about drugs, criminals and terrorists, is that even if you supported unrestricted immigration, there are still other good reasons why you don't want an unguarder border.

Comment

Working...
                                X