No announcement yet.

Let's get ready to rumble....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could have a whole fight night, an event. We could even do this between different forums. I can be the Don King of it all.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

What kinda cardio are you doing Asher?
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Pekka,

30 pounds of muscle when someone is starting out is very doable.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Are you serious? Depends what you do.. I say not that doable. WE ARE measuring of course muscle ONLY. putting on 30 pounds in a year when starting seriously working out is definitely not impossible, and not getting fatter but more muscular. But that's different than gaining 30 pounds of pure muscle. I was talking about gaining 30 pounds of pure muscle in one year. Gaining 30 pounds of healthy weight with muscle in a year is doable. But different from what I meant.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
            What kinda cardio are you doing Asher?
            I do 45 minutes of jogging at the end of the workout.

I had 12 sessions with a very good personal trainer when I first started, got a great routine goin'.

As for the building of muscle mass, I also drink protein shakes (whey protein powder).
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

yeah, 30 lbs of muscle is very hard to do, especially when you start out at 135 at 5.10''. thats usually unheard of because itmeans that your body is already not that good at making muscle.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Are you serious? Depends what you do.. I say not that doable. WE ARE measuring of course muscle ONLY. putting on 30 pounds in a year when starting seriously working out is definitely not impossible, and not getting fatter but more muscular. But that's different than gaining 30 pounds of pure muscle. I was talking about gaining 30 pounds of pure muscle in one year. Gaining 30 pounds of healthy weight with muscle in a year is doable. But different from what I meant.
                I have no idea if it's pure weight muscle.

I do know that I eat healthier now and get much more exercise, and it looks way better. I'm not flabby or pudgey or anything at all, which is what I meant by "pure muscle".

I have 11% bodyfat when I last had it done a couple months ago.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Trust me it doesn'tmean pure muscle.

But it doesn't mean your results are not good. It just means they are not insanely out of space freaky.

I know what you mean though, so it's all good. 11% body fat is not bad at all, it's actually very good. I don't know what mine is, haven't measured it in years (or calculated).
                  In da butt.

Comment

Trust me it doesn'tmean pure muscle

It never is. It's still very impressive.

Now to the eternal question-

How much do you benchpress, Asher? ( assuming 3x8 sets, for example)
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

wrong question. benchpress question is TEH most stupid
                      In da butt.

Comment

0lbs, I don't benchpress as part of my routine.

My goal wasn't strength, it was getting tonnned.

Comment

pecks

making vaguely homosexual posts in gym discussions
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Asher,

one of the less useful moves. I mean sure, useful but most people just do few of those and they consider it the ultimate workout, which couldn't be further from the truth.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Pekka: Yes, but those people are stupid. It's quite obvious that bench pressing is a very important part of excersize, but it's hardly the most important, just a very good one, IMHO.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

It's as important as every other muscle or muscle group .

Some folks just do that to get boobies and that's it... it's just the only question you'd hear from them, as if that measures your gym quality somehow, when it almost is the exact opposite, indicating 100%-boob-wannabe. But of course not always. Sorry, I made a mistake here. I just... it's not too long ago when I encountered one more boobman, since I sometimes frequent at health forum, so .. 50% of them are teh benchpressers.. so I tend to jump too quickly these days. Again, sorry.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X