No announcement yet.

California to ban internet hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been thinking about this, with regards to NYC, and the boroughs - Queens seems to have some coverage, yet it's pretty much flat.

WHAT GIVES?
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Not sure what you mean.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Queens has Metro coverage, yes?

Why don't the adjacent areas have more resiblocks?

Generally, why do all boroughs outside of manhatten seem underdeveloped?
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Bringing Metro out to Dulles is a good idea, I think they do need to start bringing the Metro out further. I'd like to see some kind of above-ground line taken out to Clarksburg and Frederick eventually, making it more possible to commute by rail from the outer suburbs. That should relieve pressure on the enormus traffic and make it easier to live in this region with it's outrageous housing costs.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

DAMN APOLYTON IS COOL!!!!

How many other places can you find a thread about the banning of internet assisted hunting that turns into a bragfest about subways?

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Bringing Metro out to Dulles is a good idea, I think they do need to start bringing the Metro out further. I'd like to see some kind of above-ground line taken out to Clarksburg and Frederick eventually, making it more possible to commute by rail from the outer suburbs. That should relieve pressure on the enormus traffic and make it easier to live in this region with it's outrageous housing costs.

Where's Clarksburg and Frederick, vis a vis central DC, and the beltway.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                Always remember that almost every single US city is at heart a land speculation. Trying to sell a subway on any other grounds besides land values is foolish.
                Right you are, DanS.

As an example, L.A.'s first public transportation (consisting of the red car trolleys) was one of the cheapest systems to ride. Why?? The builder Henry Huntington wasn't interested in making money with it. Rather, the lines ran through large sections of land that he owned and wanted to develop.

Comment

The Fargo-Moorhead metro is growing so rediculously fast that our traffic is getting bad. Is an urban area of 120,000 people large enough for a subway, because right now the only system of mass transit is our buses, which most people never use so it's mostly filled with people who are old, disabled, retarded, etc. At the same time traffic jams are becomming more and more common and the way some of the traffic lights are timed seems like they were intentionally set to cause traffic headaches instead of fixing them.

Comment

I wonder; if when I am old will I be spending more time with retards
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

s an urban area of 120,000 people large enough for a subway, because right now the only system of mass transit is our buses, which most people never use so it's mostly filled with people who are old, disabled, retarded, etc. At the same time traffic jams are becomming more and more common and the way some of the traffic lights are timed seems like they were intentionally set to cause traffic headaches instead of fixing them

120,000 people in metro is covered very well by a set of buses. Schedule should be good, though.

oh, and the old, the disabled, and the retarded are people too, you swine.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az

oh, and the old, the disabled, and the retarded are people too, you swine.
                        I was pointing out that the only people that use mas transit are the ones that need mass transit, that is, the people who some reason can't drive. I bet the vast majority of Fargoans have never used the bus system, probably because people are too lazy to walk 2 or 3 blocks to the closest bus stop and wait 5-10 minutes for the bus.

Comment

I bet the vast majority of Fargoans have never used the bus system, probably because people are too lazy to walk 2 or 3 blocks to the closest bus stop and wait 5-10 minutes for the bus.
                          In the cold... and have to pay...

I went to UC Davis, and while it was a small town (you could walk from one end to the other in a couple hours) it had a great bus system. Double Decker busses gave novelty, it was free to students, and came by every 30 minutes to each stop, and got to campus usually with enough time to walk to class and grab a cup of joe on your way...

I think it's not only convenience that keeps ppl from using PT, but expense. Why would I want to pay $1.25 for the inconvenience?
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

I was pointing out that the only people that use mas transit are the ones that need mass transit, that is, the people who some reason can't drive. I bet the vast majority of Fargoans have never used the bus system, probably because people are too lazy to walk 2 or 3 blocks to the closest bus stop and wait 5-10 minutes for the bus.

Well, they shouldn't. a bus service must cover every main street, and should have a 10 minute frequency. unfortunately, many lines don't have that.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                              Is an urban area of 120,000 people large enough for a subway
                              No. I doubt it is large enough to get enough traffic to support a surface light rail network much less a subway which costs an order of magnitude more.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

In the cold...
                                Yup, Like when I was waitng for the bus and it was -18F out.

Comment

Working...
                                X