Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California to ban internet hunting?

California to ban hunting over Internet
    Wednesday, May 4, 2005 Posted: 10:37 AM EDT (1437 GMT)

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- Wildlife regulators took the first step Tuesday to bar hunters from using the Internet to shoot animals, responding to a Texas Web site that planned to let users fire at real game with the click of a mouse.

The Fish and Game Commission ordered wildlife officials to prepare emergency regulations to ban the practice. A period of public comment will follow.

"We don't think Californians should be able to hunt sitting at their computers at home," said Steve Martarano, a spokesman for the state Department of Fish and Game.

A bill passed by the state Senate two weeks ago would prohibit use of computer-assisted hunting sites and ban the import or export of any animal killed using computer-assisted hunting. The measure now moves to the state Assembly.

At least 14 other states and Congress are considering similar bills.

Groups including the California Sportsmen's Association, Safari Club International and the Outdoor Sportsman's Coalition of California support the ban, saying hunting over the Internet is unethical and unsporting.

Supporters have suggested the remote hunting could be beneficial for hunters with disabilities and questioned why Californians should be barred from patronizing a legitimate Texas business.
    CNN Link

Fukcing killjoys!
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

We should be able to hunt Californians from our computers. I mean why not?

First I've heard of the practice. Sound barbaric.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Call me when you can shoot fat bowlers over the Internet. That would be making a sport out of a non-sport.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          Call me when you can shoot fat bowlers over the Internet. That would be making a sport out of a non-sport.

as long as they don shoot Santa 'cause that would be a real bummer
          Attached Files
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

We should be able to hunt Californians from our computers. I mean why not?

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Cause we shoot back.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

What's the deal with that Ted? Why does it happen so often down there?

Comment

I think alot of it is simple road rage. We have the worst traffic in the US so it takes alot of time out of your day. The little things like people cutting off make you like you just lost alot of time. Blown out of perspective, I know, but it happens.

Then there are just guys out looking for trouble, there is still a big gang problem, which is now mostly contained to specific neighborhoods, but those guys have cars so they are mobile.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                    Cause we shoot back.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...eway_shootings
                    So that scene on the freeway in LA Story where the motorists were shooting at each other was based on reality?!?
                    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Be careful Ted, don't cut anyone off. I always worry about you and Zkrib when I hear stuff like that. I know you guys are just 2 in millions, but still.

Oh, and remember to eat your veggies. Just kidding. Sometimes I sound like a grandmother...

Comment

So that scene on the freeway in LA Story where the motorists were shooting at each other was based on reality?!?

You knew that the Academy almost mistakenly nominated it in the documentary category, didn't you?
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

this internet thing is the most horrible thing I have ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                            I think alot of it is simple road rage. We have the worst traffic in the US so it takes alot of time out of your day. The little things like people cutting off make you like you just lost alot of time. Blown out of perspective, I know, but it happens.

Then there are just guys out looking for trouble, there is still a big gang problem, which is now mostly contained to specific neighborhoods, but those guys have cars so they are mobile.
                            BUILD SUBWAYS, B*TCH
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

California to ban internet hunting?

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X