Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alva
    Isn't Jbuilder free anymore??
    I dunno, I don't tend to concern myself with conventional pricing schemes where software is concerned.

Comment

Break the man's system dude.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

yeah, get JBuilder (the older versions are really cheap and probably have all you'll need to start with) and a good book on java.

If I were you i'd give up on this thread, the geeks have taken over and are engaged in a bout of nerdy one-up-manship.

No ones been taking any notice of you since the middle of page 1

OK. Downloading JBuilder Foundation and then I'll take it from there

Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by alva
          Isn't Jbuilder free anymore??

Be warned that it is an awfull IDE though.
          JBuilder X personal edition is still free. It's not awful - maybe you used one of the really early versions.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: The wonderful world of shell scripts

Originally posted by Atahualpa

There's nothing better than having a beer and watch your set of shell scripts do all the work for you. Cheers!

That is why I love real shells - they allow me to be lazy . Yay for lazy sysadmins ( especially if they happen to be me ) !

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

JBuilder X personal edition is still free. It's not awful - maybe you used one of the really early versions.
              Nope, that's the one I used.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
                Besides I'd recommend C# over Java.
                Hm, I don't see a lot of devlopment jobs requiring C# skill, while at least 50% are Java.

YMMV.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Oh I didn't know that he's wanting to get a job in the field...

Comment

Working...
                  X