Noah Built a Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CyberShy
    Now next time don't say 'anything about it' before as well, as long as you don't know much about the author or the person.
    I think it was a valid point about creationist credentials, as the link I gave showed. It also brought us to the point of his expertise--what are his specializations again?

I don't believe that scientists are unbiased.
    Do you?
    Individually, no, but that's why the scientific method and peer-review exist. If a scientist presents an argument clearly colored by bias, it will be unmasked and its flaws laid bare. That's what people seem to not get--science itself is about critiquing the evidence, often in excruciating detail. Evolutionary theory, geology, astronomy, etc. all undergo this process. The stuff that doesn't stand up to muster is chucked. Believing faulty arguments based on personal bias can survive this process for long is simply uninformed.

A majority of the world's evolutionary biologists are theists of some form or another. So how could someone rationally think their belief in evolution being correct is borne from some anti-religious bias?
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
      BTW, what field is he teaching/researching?

I have no clue
      If my understanding is correct, he has a bachelor's degree in biology and a Ph.D. in theology. Therefore, it doesn't seem likely that he is doing work in any biology related fields.

As a result, his evaluations doesn't carry much weight at all. Even Michael Hebe has a doctoral in biochem, and his "irreducible complexity" argument was quickly refuted many times over, often by Christians.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
      X