Danish PM calls for Russia to apologize to Baltics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    Yes they did. You just had different names for them. Ever hear of the Hsing-Nu or the Scythians or the Khazars?

Comment

• Your anti-Turkism has mislead you once again, hairy man.

The Khazars were a semi-nomadic Turkic people from Central Asia, many of whom converted to Judaism. The name 'Khazar' seems to be tied to a Turkic verb meaning "wandering".

Previous use of similar terms, like those in a tablet from 2000 BCE found in the ancient city of Mari situated at Tell Hariri in Syria (which mentions that a people named "Turukku" are coming to the lands of Tiguranim and Hirbazanim), the Chinese in 1328 BCE (referring to a neighbouring people as "Tu-Kiu"), or that in the Zend-Avesta one of the grandsons of Noah is named "Turk", are of unknown significance, although some feel strongly that this is early evidence of the historical continuency of the term and the people as an ethnic (and possibly linguistic) unit.

The Xiong Nu (possibly meaning “Subjects of Peoples”), also known as the Asiatic Huns, were one of the earliest known nomadic peoples that lived in Central Asia. They’re thought to have descended from the Xien Yun, a Proto-Turkic people. However, the Xiong Nu were not a pure ethnic group, and they included various Turkic, Tungusic and Indo-European peoples.

And a search for Scythian and Turk on google will show the great similarities between the two languages (as well as the language of the Huns).

The fact is, the nomadic peoples of the steppes were pretty much all related and had a common ancestry.
      Last edited by chequita guevara; May 5, 2005, 11:20.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• whatever comrade

Comment

On the scale of crimes committed in WWII, the rape of Prussia doesn't even merit much attention. Frankly, you're damned lucky there's still a Germany at all.
          For the individuals that where targets of such "treatment" this doesn't matter at all. I don't see why I should excuse rape just because those who did it belonged to a nation that suffered under the nazis. Everyone with a little sense of history knows what they have done. Still I don't understand how this makes mass-rape any better.
          Blah

Comment

• Che, we've all heard of Stalingrad. What we have not heard about Stalingrad is a mass rape of its women. I actually have never heard of such a thing occurring anywhere on the Eastern front even though I have heard that the occuppation was brutal.

Still, I for one condemn the allied bombing of German and Japanese civilians even thought their leaders were barbaric. What we did was wrong and we should apologize. But I take it that victors never apologize. I take it that, then, that Russia will never apologize for what it did to German civilians, nor what it did to the thousands of Polish officers it captured in 1939.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Well, IMO demanding apologies over and over isn't the main thing. Germany does better if it doesn't go this way, because in the end, yes, if Germans hadn't started it, they wouldn't have suffered in the end. But surely this doesn't change the fact that some things are just bad, regardless who did it. And they don't become great things just because they were done by people who fought against nazis.
              Blah

Comment

• BeBro, it may not be appropriate for a German to demand an apology. But I am an American and I am sickened by what the Russians did. I think all civilized people ought to demand that the Russians apologize, just like the Danish PM did in the case of the Balkans.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Hey Saras, I heard Latvia's projected GDP growth for this year is bigger than Lithuania's.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• That's the cumulative amount of my drinks bills in www.pulkvedis.lv when I'm in Riga
                    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• If someone kills thirty million of your countrymen, there's gonna be some payback. I'm not saying it was right, but it was completely understandable and I'm willing to look the other way. If that was the worst attrocity Germany suffered, you came off damned lightly. There were plans to turn Germany into a wilderness.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If someone kills thirty million of your countrymen, there's gonna be some payback. I'm not saying it was right, but it was completely understandable and I'm willing to look the other way. If that was the worst attrocity Germany suffered, you came off damned lightly. There were plans to turn Germany into a wilderness.
                        Plans by whom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                          Plans by whom?
                          The Allies, by which I don't mean they planned on exterminating the Germans, but on kicking them out of Germany.

There were also plans to completely deindustrialize Germany. Ultimately, Cold War politics intruded and both sides decided to rebuild Germany.

Comment

• I was thinking you were talking about a fate similar to the fate of Carthage.

Comment

• BTW, where did you get the number 30 million. The USSR only claimed 20 million?

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara There were also plans to completely deindustrialize Germany.
                                Morgenthau Plan?
                                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                                X