Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Hail the Glorious People's Revolution in Vietnam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ned
    I have to wonder at the thinking of people who would even suggest such a thing.
    The word "slavery" implies unfairness. Therefore requiring you to work for fair pay is not "slavery."
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

I don't know if balance can be inherent since it's subjective.
      It's subjective at any given point in time, but we're not talking about a specific set of laws at a given time, we're talking about a dynamic system of laws which can change in multiple directions depending on the needs and will of society at large.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Kid, in some sense, capitalism forces one to work for a living. But it does not force a person to work at a particular job, or for a boss or company that treats them in a harsh and unfair way.

But communism forces people to work at a job regardless of how the worker feels about the job, the pay or the bosses. That is not fair unless "fair" is defined communist parlance to mean anything the party bosses decide.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

The word "slavery" implies unfairness. Therefore requiring you to work for fair pay is not "slavery."
          An external party requiring you to work, and then determining for you what is "fair" is unfair. Although slavery denotes control, not fairness.

If Salma Hayek bought me and decided to make me her perpetual sex slave, it probably wouldn't be "unfair" (as I wouldn't be likely to object ), but it would still be slavery.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
            If Salma Hayek bought me and decided to make me her perpetual sex slave, it probably wouldn't be "unfair" (as I wouldn't be likely to object ), but it would still be slavery.
            So slavery can be good?

Comment

Kid, in some sense, capitalism forces one to work for a living. But it does not force a person to work at a particular job, or for a boss or company that treats them in a harsh and unfair way.
              In form, you're free to quit any job that you deem unfair in capitalism. In substance, most people work even though they consider the job to be unfair and not to pay enough.

But communism forces people to work at a job regardless of how the worker feels about the job, the pay or the bosses. That is not fair unless "fair" is defined communist parlance to mean anything the party bosses decide.
              If the party has a mandate then what's the problem. If the republicans have a mandate to cut spending or the democrats have a mandate to tax that's not slavery even if you disagree with it.

Comment

It's subjective at any given point in time, but we're not talking about a specific set of laws at a given time, we're talking about a dynamic system of laws which can change in multiple directions depending on the needs and will of society at large.
                What does that have to do with requiring everyone to work?

Comment

So slavery can be good?
                  Anything for Salma...
                  Attached Files

Comment

What does that have to do with requiring everyone to work?
                    Nobody is required to work by force of law or anything else. We were talking about fairness and whether a democracy could or would allow forcing people to work for what some unspecified party determined was a "fair" wage.

Comment

• Wow, here I am thinking that posting pics like that was something that would get you banned...

But communism forces people to work at a job regardless of how the worker feels about the job, the pay or the bosses.

Ever tried to pay the rent in a capitalist system?
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

You mean you're chained to your desk and your boss refuses to let you quit and go elsewhere?
                        No, they'd just like a system like that. It doesn't mean they have it.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Nobody is required to work by force of law or anything else. We were talking about fairness and whether a democracy could or would allow forcing people to work for what some unspecified party determined was a "fair" wage.
                          When the predominant system is capitalism, there IS NO CHOICE.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Well, I think people can volunteer to live in communes so long as they are free to leave. I used to live in one.

But you cannot force people to live in communes. That is not democracy, is it?
                            Communes are still a subset of the private property system. Every government imposes a certain version of property. From there the rest is (or not) negociable.
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hueij
                              Wow, here I am thinking that posting pics like that was something that would get you banned...

But communism forces people to work at a job regardless of how the worker feels about the job, the pay or the bosses.

Ever tried to pay the rent in a capitalist system?
                              Hueij, if you don't think the place is worth the rent, you actually have the RIGHT to move in free societies. The same may not be true in commie societies, as there, you are a prisoner as well as being a wage slave.
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris

Communes are still a subset of the private property system. Every government imposes a certain version of property. From there the rest is (or not) negociable.
                                Really? I was in a Catholic seminary. Are you familiar with such things?

Actually, I believe the whole concept of communism came from such things as monestaries, convents and the like.

Comment

Working...
                                X