although it is hard to imagine how a free market could exist in a totalitarian state.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
All Hail the Glorious People's Revolution in Vietnam!
Collapse
X
-
A nationalist is not always a fascist.Originally posted by Ned
Accepting this principle, then, most, if not all, prior communist regimes are fascist because they all have been nationalist to one extent or another. Think of Ho Chi Minh, for example. He was a nationalist. Everyone says so.
Who wasn't fighting for his or her own country in WWII?Originally posted by Ned
Surely Stalin was a nationalist. He transformed WWII into the great patriotic war.
The dominating ideology of the CCP is different from Maoism.Originally posted by Ned
Ditto with Mao. Look at China today.
Um, most Chinese are not commies, and most of us don't hate the Japanese.Originally posted by Ned
They are united in their hatred of the Japanese. They are very aware of being Chinese, and not just commies.(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
(='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
(")_(") "Starting the fire from within."
Comment
-
There has never been a communist economic system. There have been economies planned by so called communist parties. Exploitaion is inherent to capitalism. Corrupt communism is just bastardizaton.Originally posted by MrFun
To acknowledge that both economic systems (communism and capitalism) are both potentially equally corrupt and bad does not make one a Marxist.I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
- Justice Brett Kavanaugh
Comment
-
You assume he stops lieing?
I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio
Comment
-
Ever heard about sleep talking ?Originally posted by Bosh
Surely he sleeps sometimes
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg
Comment
-
He lies down for a nap.Originally posted by Bosh
Surely he sleeps sometimes
I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio
Comment
-
Ya got me.I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio
Comment
-
I agree. But apparently Imran and others think that one-party states that deemphasize individuality and emphasize nationalism are fascist. But that aptly describes virtually all communist states that have actually existed. It may not the ideal communism taught in schools, but in real countries, a sense of national identity seems to be irresistable.Originally posted by Urban Ranger
A nationalist is not always a fascist.
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en
Comment
-
Kid, the problem is that communist systems as taught as an ideal are impossible to implement because they are so illogical, etc., etc., etc. State ownership, however, is simple to implement and inherently advances the agenda of party control.Originally posted by Kidicious
There has never been a communist economic system. There have been economies planned by so called communist parties. Exploitaion is inherent to capitalism. Corrupt communism is just bastardizaton.http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en
Comment
-
I'm not talking about communist utopia. I'm talking about govt by the consent of the people.Originally posted by Ned
Kid, the problem is that communist systems as taught as an ideal are impossible to implement because they are so illogical, etc., etc., etc. State ownership, however, is simple to implement and inherently advances the agenda of party control.I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
- Justice Brett Kavanaugh
Comment
-
Well, I think people can volunteer to live in communes so long as they are free to leave. I used to live in one.Originally posted by Kidicious
I'm not talking about communist utopia. I'm talking about govt by the consent of the people.
But you cannot force people to live in communes. That is not democracy, is it?http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en
Comment
-
Democracy doesn't mean total freedom. Individuals are still subject to the law. You can have a democracy and still force people to live in a communist society.Originally posted by Ned
Well, I think people can volunteer to live in communes so long as they are free to leave. I used to live in one.
But you cannot force people to live in communes. That is not democracy, is it?I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
- Justice Brett Kavanaugh
Comment

Comment