• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
      Ah! Putin. He will always sell advanced weapons to enemies of the United States and Israel.
      Russian advanced weapons? Isn't that an oxymoron?
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

"Russian advanced weapons? Isn't that an oxymoron? "

In Iraq there was a new Russian AT missile that got through the Abrams armor. Heard about it during the invasion but not much since. The Russians aren't all that far behind. Their SAMs and AAMs, I've read they're getting pretty good.

Comment

Some pretty pics

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
            "Russian advanced weapons? Isn't that an oxymoron? "

In Iraq there was a new Russian AT missile that got through the Abrams armor. Heard about it during the invasion but not much since. The Russians aren't all that far behind. Their SAMs and AAMs, I've read they're getting pretty good.
            Guess what I was trying to say is that they have been suffering from a brain drain (the best techs going elsewhere) and really low R&D funding. So, they may be advancing relative to themselves but compared to the US and many other countries the gap is widening and at an increasing pace.

I'm also not a strong believer in armour. You can put a hole in any armour if the ammo is heavy and fast enough.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

errr... no

that would weaken Israeli air superiority, which we need in case of war.

I would suspect that a war with syria is the most realistic "real war" scenario.
              "weaken Israeli air superiority"? well tough. I don't think that this is a real threat, and if it is, that just proves once again, that the airforce are money hogs that aren't worth the investment in, and in the case of a serious AA shield will crumble ( as in 73 where the good old armor, so often called dead, saved the day, big time, once again). However, in 82' the airforce performed just fine against an up-to-date AA coverage, so, again, I don't see any threat from it in case of a full war.

Generally, I say we should **** up Syria real hard, as much as you can. They're commiting direct agressions against us, like, for example They're sending Syrian mercenary snipers (Which are very well-trained, probably better than the Israeli snipers) to fight with the terrorists in Gaza, for example.

eh?
              Where have you heard that?

Palestinian terrorist organizations often train their militants in Syria and Iran, but I don't remember hearing about Syrian soldiers in Gaza...

Syrian snipers are indeed better trained that Israeli ones, as far as I've heard.
              I think if you check it out, you'll see that I am right. It's not classified, otherwise, you wouldn't hear about it from me. Is there an issue of BITAHON SADEH here? PM me.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Also, Israeli forces have never been horribly outnumbered, in any of their wars. That in fact has been one of Israel's greatest strengths, being able to quickly call up significant reserves. Probably within a month of fighting Israel could put 500,000 troops on the field. The problem is that Israel can't afford to have such a huge portion of its population in active duty for any real time.

They have been in 73'.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

I think if you check it out, you'll see that I am right. It's not classified, otherwise, you wouldn't hear about it from me. Is there an issue of BITAHON SADEH here? PM me.

Were it classified, you wouldn't have known If it is in the papers - it is no longer classified.

Where did you read it?

It is very possible this was invented or misquoted, whether by the journalist (bad journalism) or the government (propoganda).

I tend to suspect it was written by some hack journalist in over-zealous rightist russian press - but you're welcome to prove me wrong.
                  Last edited by Sirotnikov; April 24, 2005, 21:09.

Comment

Were it classified, you wouldn't have known

And no, my knowledge isn't from newspapers, especially Russian rightwing ones. .
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                    X