Syria purchases AAM, Isreal cries foul at not being able to flagrantly foul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ned
    Ah! Putin. He will always sell advanced weapons to enemies of the United States and Israel.
    To be fair the only countries which are left for the Russians to sell to are countries we won't sell to.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

The reason is the same reason Britain declared war on Germany after Germany cross the line in the sand that Britain drew. They have to act to suppress an enemy while they still can.
      Israel's nuclear arsenal, not to mention the superior training and skill of the IDF compared to the Syrians will assure that Israel can act any time it deems that it needs to do so, and there won't be **** the Syrians can do about it.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Syria hasn't lobbed arty or missiles into Israel since the the early 70s. They didn't even do it during the Bekaa Valley air war in the early 80s. It's all coming from Palestinians in Gaza or what's their faces in Lebanon.
        The Syrian occupiers in Lebanon?

Comment

Yeah Ned, whatever... selling weapons is a dirty business, everyone who can does it, get over it.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
            The Syrian occupiers in Lebanon?
            No, Hezbollah. I couldn't remember their name, but Siro remembered for me. Whle Syria does aid Hezbollah, they Hezbollah attacks from areas formerly occupied by Israel, not areas occupied by Syria.

As for Israeli's air threat being somewhat neutralized, oh well. Maybe they'll have to negotiate for peace with Syria and consider returning the Golan.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"Lancer, if I were Israel, I would draw a line in the sand now that Russia is selling missles to Syria. No more or else."

With who? Russia? Syria?

A couple of armored cavalry regiments, one opposite Syria and one in the Sinai. Then let the Russians sell what they may. Really Ned, there's no stopping the arms trade. If they don't get it from the Russians they'll get it from a real enemy, like France.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Lets see, there is really nothing Russia needs that Israel can really supply, and Israel won't buy Russian weapons...Why should the Russians then give a damn about the Israeli reaction?
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                  And Israel sees Syria responsible for not stopping Hezbullah attacks and therefore wants to keep a military threat option against Syria viable.

Not to mention that the Israeli doctrine is heavily based on use of Aerial bombardment, and this will somewhat neutralise its effectiveness.
                  So in short, the Russians are doing something bad, because they help preventing the Israelis for bombing however they please?
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

GePap...

Because at this point in history I think Israel could take the Russians single handed...if the US would watch their back in the Sinai and Golan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      GePap...

Because at this point in history I think Israel could take the Russians single handed...if the US would watch their back in the Sinai and Golan.
                      How the hell would Israelis even approach Russia? Israel has no real blue water navy, limited airlift capability-it would be utterly unable to do anything to Russia. The same could be said of Russia to Israel, thought Russia does have a superior Navy and some airlift, though not much, really.

The real basic difference though are Israel's 200 air-delivered fission bombs vs. Russia's 6000 Fusion devices on intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Comment

It's all about the Benjamins, whether you're an authoritarian dictatorship like Russia or a liberal democracy like France...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Drake, you REALLY need to start a thread about that.

GePap, they just need to make an alliance with someone like the Azerbijohnies. Then they just sail over in regular freighters and hit Russia in their soft moslem underbelly.

Comment

Drake, you REALLY need to start a thread about that.

Eh. My gives a **** is broken when it comes to France...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Oh, I forgot how well the Israelis would be accepted in the Islamic Caucausian provinces like Chechnya...

Its a silly notiont that these two nations would have any real war.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                                It's all about the Benjamins, whether you're an authoritarian dictatorship like Russia or a liberal democracy like France...

How low can this government get?

Edit: never mind, we made about 5 billions, especially by selling Airbuses
                                Last edited by Spiffor; April 21, 2005, 22:17.
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X