No announcement yet.

ShowCase should be banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF kind of house doesn't have basic cable in this day and age?

My family doesn't. Why?

Because mom doesn't believe that it would benefit our family in any way.

On the other hand, she has no problem with the internet; arguably a source for more information, both biased and unbiased.

Maybe she just likes us to read on screen than sit back and glassily watch.
    B♭3

Comment

Drake, Agathon

nye getting all red in the face over this.
      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
        Hell no they shouldn't be showing it...maybe on cable tv or something.

And "No" I don't think it's 'Art'.

Like I said before, I could take a crap in a paper bag, light it on fire, and call it art. But that doesn't make it so.
        And you could paint a religious Madona with illuminated angels and call it art. But that wouldn't make it so.
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Seriously, I don't understand all the fuss. Why not just... turn it off?
          B♭3

Comment

NYE, cable like everything is regulated - to a lesser extent than the airwaves, for the reasons Agathon pointed out.

If you think an offense has been commited, why haven't the authorities reacted?

Comment

Seriously, I don't understand all the fuss. Why not just... turn it off?

Yep. Problem solved.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Nope, then I couldn't start a good brawl thread.

Damn I miss hockey.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

I believe frankychan is the one doing that here, not Fabulous.

My thing is that there are lots of morons and shmucks out there putting up what they "think" is art, but it aint. It's either crap, filth, or a cry for personal attention. All these starving artists who wanna be a Van Gogh or Picasso and they can't think of anything so they go for "shock value". Yayy.

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

And you could paint a religious Madona with illuminated angels and call it art. But that wouldn't make it so.
                  It depends on how its done. If its a stick figure drawing then no, it's not. But obviously this "Angels/Angles in America" sounds more like a documentary than an art film. I'm ok with documentaries, theres a difference than "art".
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

And no, I'm not a homophobe.

Homophobia----->
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankychan
                      It depends on how its done. If its a stick figure drawing then no, it's not. But obviously this "Angels/Angles in America" sounds more like a documentary than an art film. I'm ok with documentaries, theres a difference than "art".
                      But even documentaries, as a part of filmmaking, are considered art...

Comment

• Drake, Aggie, TEF

The issue here is why in the HELL are your TWELVE year old nephews up at ELEVEN PM?! Doing homework, no less! And why is the TV on when homework is being done?

Stop trying to dictate your morality on everyone else and put your ****ing nephews to bed at a reasonable hour!

Eleven is NOT too early to show adult programing. Hell, David Letterman and Jay Leno are on network TV at 11:35 and some of the topics they discuss aren't suitable for children.

But obviously this "Angels/Angles in America" sounds more like a documentary than an art film. I'm ok with documentaries, theres a difference than "art".

It isn't a documentary. It was originally an award winning play that was turned into a critically acclaimed miniseries by HBO.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Dude, keep you gaskets intact. My nephews were not here. However, there are many 12, 13, 14 year olds up at 11pm watching TV.

Get out of your cave sometime. You'll find that there is life out there.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• However, there are many 12, 13, 14 year olds up at 11pm watching TV.

And thus the parents fault. Television after 11 PM is not intented for those who are 12, 13, or 14. And perhaps the one who should get out of his cave is the one who gets offended that a CABLE network shows something adult after 11 o'clock.

Frankly, Comedy Central's "Secret Stash" is probably worse. Where on 1 AM on Saturday Night / Sunday Morning they'll show a movie with all the foul language intact. MTV used to have LoveLine on at 11 like 5 years back... which definetly talked about things not meant for 14 year olds and below.

Though some idiots tryed to make an issue about that.

What morons... have kids watching TV after 11 and then get offended that there is something adult on at that time?!
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Frankly, Comedy Central's "Secret Stash" is probably worse.

WTF are you talking about? They air unedited movies at all times of the day in Canada.

I've watched real anal penetration on Showcase...

A little bit of cursing has nothing on that.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Hell, the kids in the hall were broadcast on government-owned TV at 9 pm 15 years ago.

Comedy Central's "secret stash" is just regular movies that aren't as disneyfied as most of American TV is.

Showcase is out of this world sometimes. "Kink" is by far the filthiest thing I've ever seen on television.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X