ShowCase should be banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShowCase should be banned

It is the 11pm to midnight time slot here.

They are showing Angles in America.

There was a guy asking a man in leather to '**** me hard and make me bleed.' They debate on where to go. The seeker says he does not live alone and can't go there. The man in leather says he lives with his parents.

Next scene the man is bent over near a tree.

The condom broke and the guy in leather asked if he should pull out. The seeker says, 'oh ****, I don't care.'

The man in leather pulls out and says he would rather go home.

The seeker says 'say hi to mom and dad.'

Seeker gets slapped.

Should that be on cable TV sometime before next century (maybe after AIDS is cured)?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Have no idea what you are talking about.........

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

NYE: What?

**** no it shouldn't be banned. "Angels in America" is one of the greatest plays (and now miniseries) ever made. It should be viewed by every capable adult.
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

My problem with it, Emp, is that it is being viewed by a helluva lot of young people in the time slot it is being shown in.

This thing would be disturbing to many adults.

Why is it being shown while my nephews are doing their homework?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Why the hell are your nephews not in bed at 11pm?

Why are their parents not mediating what they watch on television?

Most importantly, why should art in general suffer because you don't want 11-year-olds watching something they'll be accustomed to in 5 years?
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

How can it possibly be banned? They show Trailer Park Boys
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Hell no they shouldn't be showing it...maybe on cable tv or something.

And "No" I don't think it's 'Art'.

Like I said before, I could take a crap in a paper bag, light it on fire, and call it art. But that doesn't make it so.
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

You've obviously never seen "Angels in America"

And no you couldn't. You have no idea what Art is. A bag of **** on fire is just a bag of **** on fire.

It seems your interpretations of what "art" is is taken from bad movies and TV shows.

Comment

Have you ever watched "Kink" on Showcase, nye?

That **** is ****ed up...
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

and 2 guys doing it with a broken condom is just 2 guys doing it with a broken condom.... [INSERT]in the eye of the beholder quote/antcedote[/INSERT]
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

No, I know what art is.

Having a rotting pig head encased in glass with flies buzzing in it is not art. Neither is an upside down urinal. And if that program is declaring itself as "art" instead of a documetary on deviance, I don't need to see it. Now if it's a documentary, then I'll watch it..but to call it art is a big stretch.

I could say that the crap in the bag is the lifecycle, encased in the paper bag which represents our bodies, and lighting it on fire makes the entire thing transcend itself. BS, that kind of stuff aint art.
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                      *****Citizen of the Hive****
                      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I support ShowCase, as people like NYE shouldn't be allowed to impose their beliefs or dogma on the rest of society.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

From the sounds of it, I'm glad I don't know what you guys are talking about......

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The real question is why you watched that much of it, dude.

I always switch channels after the first insertion.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

DeathbytheSword: Its only two guys doing it with a broken condom if its really two guys doing it with a broken condom. I have plenty of gay friends who have done it condomless. Their sex isn't art, because it doesn't have a point. "Angels in America" isn't about two homosexuals ****ing each other with a broken condom. That's like saying "American Beauty" is about a guy who masturbates in the shower: you completely miss the point.

Franky: You COULD say that, but only morons would follow. BS ain't art, you're right, but "Angels in America" is not BS.

I agree with Drake (that sounds odd...)

Comment

Working...
                              X