No announcement yet.

ShowCase should be banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF are you talking about? They air unedited movies at all times of the day in Canada.

I was comparing it to that scene in "Angels in America". I think a kid watching "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" may be more damaging than that scene. And 1 AM on a Saturday night is far more reasonable for 14 year olds to be up than 11 PM on a school night.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Christ, what kind of puritanical household did you grow up in?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• 14 and to put to bed by mommy by 11?

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I've watched Jay and Bob, and it's not particularly bad.
          I've never seen angels in america but it sounds a lot worse than that...
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• By 15 I was out at parties all night long. By 16 I was out at bars all night long and getting trashed as often as I could afford it...
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
              14 and to put to bed by mommy by 11?

And people wonder why kids are so ill behaved these days. Lack of discipline by the parents. When I was a kid in the 80s, no one in my neighborhood was staying up past midnight when they were just out of grade school (12 years old is 7th grade).

I don't think any responsible parent would have their 14 year old kid stay up past midnight when they had to get up for school at 6:30 AM the next morning!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I guess my parents weren't responsible then.

I stopped having a bedtime somewhere around 12 or 13
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Don't mean to offend, but I'd say that wasn't very responsible of them.

Comment

• And how responsible is it of a network to broadcast irresponsible sex while the children of irresponsible parents are still up?

That's the point. There are gonna be kids watching it at that time.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• I learned pretty quickly that if I didn't go to sleep I'd be tired when my ass was woken up at 6:15
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        I guess my parents weren't responsible then.

I stopped having a bedtime somewhere around 12 or 13
                        Yup, your parents weren't responsible. Don't feel bad, most parents arn't.

My parents only recently stopped giving me a bedtime, and I'm 18.

NYE, one question, that I think could help you in this debate.

- If the scene occured during heterosexual sex, and the condom broke, and the man (or woman, whatever) said to keep on going, would you be just as outraged?
                        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

• Yes.

The problem is the irresponsible attitude towards sex.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

And how responsible is it of a network to broadcast irresponsible sex while the children of irresponsible parents are still up?

That's the point. There are gonna be kids watching it at that time.
                            Sorry, it's not the responsibility of everyone else to be responsible for irresponsible parents.
                            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

• I watched silence of the lambs, single white female and prince of tides at the tender age of 11, all with the full knowledge and consent of my mother.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yes.

The problem is the irresponsible attitude towards sex.
                                Allright. Just want to point this out to the rest of the debaters in order to stop the ad hominum attack regarding closet homosexuality (Which I really don't think is fair)

Comment

Working...
                                X