help BK with outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help BK with outlook

Okay, I'm not familiar with outlook, but my boss is looking for a quick way to make a mailing list based on all the data I have put into a spreadsheet.

He'd rather not have to type everything all over again to create the list, and since I've never used outlook before, I have no clue as to how to do this.

Is there a way to merge the two fields together, without having to retype everything?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

If you're talking an e-mail mailing list, one way is to have all the e-mails in text file separated by commas. Then go to outlook and open the address book. Go to File, hover over "Import," and choose "Other Address Book." Select "Text File" from the list that pops up and hit "Import." You can then choose a text file. Probably want it to be either .txt or .rtf format, but I suppose .doc might work.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

yeah!

or

use the "help" menu
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Good, that's part of it.

Would that also work for fax numbers?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

What about the other information?

My spreadsheet has all the names too. Would it be possible to include them with the emails?

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
            If you're talking an e-mail mailing list, one way is to have all the e-mails in text file separated by commas. Then go to outlook and open the address book. Go to File, hover over "Import," and choose "Other Address Book." Select "Text File" from the list that pops up and hit "Import." You can then choose a text file. Probably want it to be either .txt or .rtf format, but I suppose .doc might work.
            Ahh, a man used to working with excel...
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

What about the other information?

My spreadsheet has all the names too. Would it be possible to include them with the emails?

yes put infront of the emails between ' ' i think...of [ ] dont know which works with outlook use lotus myself
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

help BK with outlook
                My pleasure. Ditch the religion and pro-life stuff. Get blind, howling drunk and have pointless sex in a gutter with a fat lass. Feel better!
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Damn that was a predictable reply :P

Comment

Leave it to Laz to fall for the obvious
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Sometimes the truth is obvious, young Grasshopper. Now get me a woman.

Comment

Why is it either/or Laz?

Comment

Because it's you, Ben. Because it's you.

Comment

Working...
                          X