Scarlett O'Hara
    Frankenstein
    Dracula
    Wolfman

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Wolfman

Not evil- just having a bad hair day.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I've seen what having a bad hair day can do to people.

Evil.

Comment

nah the emperor just isnt screaming EVIL as large as darth Vader with his shiny black helmet and cape...the emperor screams evil like this: evilllllllllllllllllllllllllllll! and darth vader more like this:evilllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I've seen what having a bad hair day can do to people.

Evil.

World's most evil family....
            Attached Files
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Most Obviously Overlooked So Far:
              The Terminator in "The Terminator"

Miniseries:
              Canigula in "I, Claudius"
              Cathy/Kate Ames in "East of Eden"

Books:
              Som the Dead in Fred Saberhagen's "Empire of the East"

Comment

J.R. Ewing?

Michael Douglas's character in Wall Street.

Zarqawi in his execution videos.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

linda blair in the first exorcist next in line to most evil she was the devil.
                  then the little girl in the ring freaked me out too
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

robots, cyborgs, and monsters do not qualify as "guys"

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

Surely you don't refer to the head of S.P.E.C.T.R.E., Ernst Stavro Blofeld
                      Yeah, what can I say? I'll bet I was your age the last time I saw any of those movies.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

the Emperor was all-in evil to the core.
                        Funny you should phrase it that way.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Now let's get some things straight here:

Animals = not evil. So Godzilla, King Kong, Bruce, etc. are out. It's not as if they have malicious intent. Esp. Kong...you end the movie with sympathy for him. I wouldn't count wolfman, either, as the intelligent side of him clearly isn't control of his actions. Likewise, can't count the girl from the Exorcist--she ain't evil, just the devil inside her is.

To be evil, one must be deliberately malicious and intend to cause others harm, whether it is in furtherance of some set of goals or not.

Some of the greatest evil characters:

-Tim Roth as the utterly detestable Archibald Cunningham in Rob Roy
                          -Angela Lansbury's testicle-shriveling performance as Mrs. Iselin in the original Manchurian Candidate.
                          -Ralph Fiennes portyal of Amon Goeth in Schindler's List
                          -Charles Laughton as Capt. Bligh in Mutiny on the Bounty
                          -Malificent in Sleeping Beauty (I always found her far more terrifying than the Queen in Snow White)
                          -Patrick McGoohan as Edward Longshanks in Braveheart
                          -Robert Mitchum as the Preacher in Night of the Hunter
                          -Bette Davis as Jane in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
                          -Henry Fonda (!) as Frank in Once Upon A Time in the West (If you think Fonda couldn't be convincing as a villain, this is a must-see...he's chilling).
                          -Ian McKellan in the title role of Richard III (He gave the definitive portrayal of this character, IMO).
                          -Orson Welles as Harry Lime in The Third Man. Or his character in Touch of Evil.
                          -Roger Smith as himself in Roger and Me
                          -Peter Lorre as the disturbing child murderer Hans Beckert in M

Those are just film villains, though. In literature and drama, there are a slew of villains that go toe-to-toe for evilocity with their film counterparts. Shakespeare alone accounts for a dozen or so legendary villains, including Iago, Richard III, Edmund the Bastard, Claudius and Gertrude, Lady Macbeth, etc. Dickens has Fagin, Bill Sikes, Smike, Scrooge. For Hugo, there is Frollo and Thenardier (but Javert is not evil, so we can't count him). Tons more, but I gotta go...
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

hummm she was still evil while possessed. if you want poetry hamelots uncle that killed his father was evil
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

What was the name of the slaver in Uncle Tom's Cabin? Simon Legree? Of course that wasn't a movie....

True evil...well, in Gladiator, the Emperor who was hot for his sister was just about the basest bastage ever...

The English king in Braveheart was a piece of work.

The wicked witch of the west....

What about Jane Fonda in her role as "I love to hop on North Vietnam's biiigggg artillery pieces..."

aw, Girls just want to have fun....

Comment

how bout glen close in fatal attraction she boiled a bunny for gods sake

Comment

Working...
                                X