Requiscat in Pacem- Canada's National Tragedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requiscat in Pacem- Canada's National Tragedy

A beer truck flipped over on a roadway overpass in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Monday, prompting local officials to comment on the tragedy.

"It is sad," Capt. Scott Logan of the Halifax Regional Fire Service (search) told The Daily News of Halifax. "Chances are they won't recover any of the beer."

The truck, hauling 46,368 bottles of Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale (search), skidded to a stop against the overpass's guardrail, luckily avoiding a 50-foot plunge down to another road.

The female driver was pulled out of the cab uninjured — "more frazzled than hurt," according to Logan — letting rescuers focus on the calamitous aspects of the disaster.

"I had a tear in my eye, actually, when I was watching it," said police Constable Mark Hobeck. "It was full of beer. We were hoping a Hostess truck full of pretzels would come by, but no such luck."
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

A beer truck flipped over on a roadway overpass in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Monday, prompting local officials to comment on the tragedy.

"It is sad," Capt. Scott Logan of the Halifax Regional Fire Service (search) told The Daily News of Halifax. "Chances are they won't recover any of the beer."

The truck, hauling 46,368 bottles of Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale (search), skidded to a stop against the overpass's guardrail, luckily avoiding a 50-foot plunge down to another road.

The female driver was pulled out of the cab uninjured — "more frazzled than hurt," according to Logan — letting rescuers focus on the calamitous aspects of the disaster.

"I had a tear in my eye, actually, when I was watching it," said police Constable Mark Hobeck. "It was full of beer. We were hoping a Hostess truck full of pretzels would come by, but no such luck."
      There, corrected the article.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Bah! That's beer's ****.
        India Pale Ale my ass.
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

(\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
            Bah! That's beer's ****.
            India Pale Ale my ass.
            Heathen! Go find some pope dead thread to haunt!
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Repeat after me...

Every beer is sacred,
              Every beer is great,
              If a beer is wasted,
              God gets quite irate.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Even beast?
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Does it say every beer, except this one that Boshko hates?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Just as everyone has their favorite saint, so everyone has their favorite beer. One does not win points by flinging pooh at other saints. What do you expect for showing dissent towards beer?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                      Just as everyone has their favorite saint, so everyone has their favorite beer. One does not win points by flinging pooh at other saints. What do you expect for showing dissent towards beer?
                      Well this beer isn't THAT bad. Its just that when I buy an India Pale Ale I expect a nice flavour with lots of hops, not a very average watery lager.

Beer should not be deceptive
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

You sound like a Protestant.

Do you prefer beer or some other?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Canadian beer -- your horse will never race again.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

If a kiwi's opinion about beer counted kiwiland wouldn't be ignored so much.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

NZ beer is pretty lame. There are a couple of good independents, but most of it is about the same as Canadian beer.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X